Why become a member? ×

Heart of the Sunrise by CGT+2

Stingray5

Here's something for Monday lunchtime! :)
I thought I'd post this live version of "Heart of the Sunrise" by California Guitar Trio with Tony Levin and Pat Mastelotto.
It's a very faithful recreation of the Yes original (though with no keyboards or vocals).

If you like, here's their original recording of it:
[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ka24HSdNEO0"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ka24HSdNEO0[/url]

[quote name='OldGit' post='811228' date='Apr 19 2010, 12:29 PM']Aw
Looking for tracks to do in my new trio project I was looking forward to seeing how three people managed this .. :)[/quote]
Well, chaps, the clue was in the title 'CGT+2' although more correctly, from the album, they are 'CG3+2'.
I managed to catch the CGT + Tony Levin in the US some years ago and they were amazing. It was Levin's gig but he was happy to play the supporting role a lot of the time and also left the stage at one point to let them do their thing. Which included a superb version of 'Bohemian Rhapsody'. I must admit I wouldn't have minded a drummer coming on stage for a number or two, but all the same, it was still a great evening.

[quote name='JTUK' post='811252' date='Apr 19 2010, 12:50 PM']yep....trio..??????

You would think Levin would get those stick extentions made up properly for the amount of time he features them... :rolleyes:

Plasters..??[/quote]
I know - they always look as if they're about to drop off any second! :lol:
I tried it once with some lolly sticks and gaffa tape! Just don't forget to take 'em off if you go for a pee!! :lol:

[quote name='Stingray5' post='811290' date='Apr 19 2010, 01:17 PM']Well, chaps, the clue was in the title 'CGT+2' although more correctly, from the album, they are 'CG3+2'.[/quote]

Yes it all made sence once I'd viewed the vid. It was the "trio" word I saw most though.