Why become a member? ×

Roland SC-55 Sound module

[size=3]

Hi everyone,

Up for sale is my Roland SC-55 (Sound Canvas) GS MIDI synth module from around 1991, Made in Japan. I haven’t used this for some time, it was part of my home studio.

It’s got some serious user editing functionality for sounds, though I’ve never explored that and kept to the factory presets.I’ve used this fair bit and everything works as it should.Its got some very usable sounds including good pads and string sounds.

It is reasonable condition for its age,scratches on the top surface-an ideal cheap sound module solution, just add a MIDI keyboard.

Comes with DC power supply and remote control plus three comprehensive user manuals.

Like all old synths and sound modules, these are now becoming collectable, there loads of info about them on the net.

[i]
Brief Spec:-

• Half rack size unit

• 24-voice polyphony with 16-part multi-timbrality.

• Unit features 317 instrument patches, including the GS drum kits and additional controllers.

• Selection of effects includes reverb and chorus.

• Large display screen showing all MIDI channels, sound info etc

• Front panel MIDI in,1/4” headphone jack and Volume control

• Rear panel MIDI in/out and through, L/R in/out phono and 9V DC power input [/i]

I’m looking for £75 delivered from a Basschatter, Seen them go for a bit more on Fleabay

Cheers Neil
[/size]