Why become a member? ×

CIJ '75 Jazz for sale (Ibanez semi-acoustic sold!)

tredders

[b]Both now sold - thanks for all the interest[/b]

Right, these two are criminally underplayed, so I'm going to move them on. Besides, after going to Bass Direct for the first time the other day, I've got terrible GAS for about 27 things at the moment!

First up is my CIJ '75 Re-issue Jazz. I bought it a couple of years ago from John at Far East Guitars, and it's a beaut. Immaculate and sounds exactly as you'd expect a Jazz to sound - nice, warm and fat right up to slapping delight!

[attachment=47862:yIMG_0045.jpg]
[attachment=47863:yIMG_0046.jpg]
[attachment=47864:yIMG_0047.jpg]
[attachment=47865:yIMG_0048.jpg]

It's been professionally setup (by Peter Allen), has TI flats fitted, and also had additional shielding fitted at the time of the setup (CIJ '75's seem a bit noisy as standard). Comes with a Fender strap and gigbag. These seem to be around £700 from Far East now, and the strings and setup cost me another £120, so I'm looking for £550 collected.

[b][i]Ibanez now sold = [/i][/b]Also up for grabs is a lovely Ibanez ASB 140 semi-acoustic I bought from Steve Norris on here. He imported it (they're unavailable in the UK), and fitted it with a Hammon engineering Darkstar pickup [url="http://www.hammoneng.com/"](see here for info on Hammond).[/url]. It's in great condition & is fitted with flats for that huge authentic vintage tone. Fantastic looking and sounding bass, but I simply don't play it. Hope Steve doesn't mind me using his pics for this.

[attachment=47870:SDC10243.jpg]
[attachment=47871:SDC10244.jpg]
[attachment=47872:SDC10245.jpg]
[attachment=47873:SDC10246.jpg]

I'd prefer pickup on both basses, however, I can post the Jazz (I have a Fender gigbag it can go in). However, the Ibanez doesn't have a case, so it'll need a meet up. I'm just off junction 12 of the M40, but travel a fair bit with work (actually, way too much at the moment!), so it's possible we could meet up. £250 collected for this one (It's worth more, but I bought it from Steve for £250 so will sell it on to fellow BC-ers for the same amount).

From a trade point of view, I'd be interested in a Lakland Duck Dunn. Or a nice Precision. I don't mind adding £££ for the right bass.

Any questions, just let me know.

Cheers,

Mark.

Edited by tredders

[quote name='Clarky' post='813033' date='Apr 20 2010, 08:56 PM']White 75 Jazz - paging Gareth/Musicman20!!!!![/quote]

I was just thinking the same thing... would go nicely with the matching Precision :)