Why become a member? ×

SOLD

Smash

Thinking of selling my beloved Bass Collection SB460 it has been with me since 1995 from new and cost me a whopping £600, I had no idea of basses back then and bought it as I loved how it played and sounded. Since then I have owned and sold 7 other bass collection basses and this is by far the best, the wood and satin finish with the pre amp is really superb. It has been sitting around my folks house for the past 10 years and finally thought I am never really going to play this anymore and my hands are more used to Precision necks now, so probably best to sell.

I haven't a clue what it is worth maybe around £275 but you tell me I haven't seen another one like this before. The tuners are Gotoh and the rest is SGC pre and pups. Help if you know more thanks.

Edited by Smash

The fount of all knowledge about Bass Collection basses on the Internet is this thread: [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=697&hl=Backwaters"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=...p;hl=Backwaters[/url]

Despite my repeated pleas to the Mods to have it re-stickied, I have been ignored. But I'm not bitter. Anyway, in this thread you'll find pictures of my SB 465 which is nearly identical, apart from the 5th string. The top is almost certainly Walnut, the fingerboard is gorgeous ebony, the rest of the body and the neck are maple.

Mine is the nicest most playable bass I've ever owned, and I'm sure this one will be just as good. Hopefully someone with a clue will realise what a bargain this is and snap it up. Have a free bump on me.

[quote name='Smash' post='813035' date='Apr 20 2010, 08:57 PM']Thinking of selling my beloved Bass Collection SB460 it has been with me since 1995 from new and cost me a whopping £600, I had no idea of basses back then and bought it as I loved how it played and sounded. Since then I have owned and sold 7 other bass collection basses and this is by far the best, the wood and satin finish with the pre amp is really superb. It has been sitting around my folks house for the past 10 years and finally thought I am never really going to play this anymore and my hands are more used to Precision necks now, so probably best to sell.

I haven't a clue what it is worth maybe around £275 but you tell me I haven't seen another one like this before. The tuners are Gotoh and the rest is SGC pre and pups. Help if you know more thanks.[/quote]

Nice bass. Never owned a bass collection but played on a couple and was quite impressed by them. Wouldn't mind having a blast on this one before thinking about buying. Where abouts are you?