Why become a member? ×

1960's/70's MIJ bass for £99...

Here you are:

[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1960s-70s-Grant-Bass-Guitar-JAPAN-99-RARE-FIND-/360255383135?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV&hash=item53e0e4e65f"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1960s-70s-Grant-Bass...=item53e0e4e65f[/url]

[quote name='grumble' post='824531' date='May 1 2010, 01:20 AM']It still is awful, 99 beer tokens for something pulled from a skip (where it belongs) is extracting the urine.[/quote]

Well - truth is I'd happily pay £15 for that at the car boot, scrub it up nice, make it playable (I can do that these days!) and Ebay it. It would probably fetch £70 - £80 in good order.

Or I could burn it, as catharsis.

J.

I was just about to mention the fact that the G-string's completely unplayable at the dusty end... but then I realised that there isn't a dusty "end" as such. :)

What the hell happened to this thing? Why would someone not even go to the effort of dusting something before putting it on eBay?

[quote name='Ou7shined' post='824628' date='May 1 2010, 10:09 AM']Unless you have original spares (which wouldn't surprise me :lol:) or your own electroplater I think there's too much rust and pitting there to bring it back Jon.[/quote]

Most of the chrome's history, but the whole thing could still be improved massively over what it is now - like I said, if it was £15... :lol:

[quote name='BottomEndian' post='824635' date='May 1 2010, 10:20 AM']I was just about to mention the fact that the G-string's completely unplayable at the dusty end... but then I realised that there isn't a dusty "end" as such. :)[/quote]
Like I said, [i]exactly[/i] like my old one! Easy fix if you know what you're doing - but I didn't have a clue back then.

Bollocks, I'd just burn it. :rolleyes:

J.

[quote name='BottomEndian' post='824635' date='May 1 2010, 10:20 AM']What the hell happened to this thing? Why would someone not even go to the effort of dusting something before putting it on eBay?[/quote]
That'll be because they've seen one too many Antiques Roadshows and confuse dust, crap and grime with patina.