Why become a member? ×

Seymour Duncan / Kent Armstrong Pickups

Seymour Duncan traditional Jbass set - single coils. Very little use, so good condition - £60 posted.

Kent Armstrong J bass set. These were handmade by Kent, around 12 years old, but only installed and used for a couple of months. Closed top humbuckers, with options for series or parallel connection. Note they are [b]both bridge sized [/b]- so not a retro fit for existing basses. Good for a custom build. Good condition, just some slight scratches to one top. £60 posted.

Pics up later today....

[attachment=48743:P1000214.JPG][attachment=48744:P1000215.JPG]

Edit - for pics

Edited by BassBod

Which ones? The Seymour Duncans are a standard bridge and neck sized pair, designed to fit in Fenders or close copies. The Kent Armstrongs are both the standard "bridge" position size (the larger of the normal two sizes).

Does that help?

Not in the slightest, I have a customised bass that is nothing like a Fender but has two jazz styled pickups. I don't have a clue about the exact size of yours, if I had some measurements I could see if they will fit in mine without any routing. Dumb question I'm sure as I have never switched pickups, my current bass is active, are these pickups compatible ?
cheers

GD

Ok, now I understand....I'll get the ruler out and see. Looks like they are all bridge sized (93mm long x 17mm wide) except the SD neck pickup which is 91mm x 17mm.

Doesn't really matter too much about the make of bass, as J pickups are pretty much universally made in two sizes - "fender" bridge or neck. The difference is due to the reducing string spacing between bridge and nut. The pole pieces need to be under a string to work well on traditional pickups, although othes (like the Kent Armstrongs or EMG) use a bar magnet, so it doesn't really matter - but they are still normally made to fit existing routings.

Both these sets are passive, but will work fine if connected to an active preamp - but if they fitted, I would use the Kent Armstrongs as they are humbuckers, so you won't be amplifing single coil hum when you solo a pickup (as all trad single coils do). Chances are your bass has the normal bridge and neck sized routings? (so the KA's won't fit...)