Why become a member? ×

Advice on buying a Warwick

G.D.

I've always loved Warwick basses but I am not flush with cash so have always put up with cheaper basses. There is now a local guy selling a Warwick Double Buck for £450. It is a bit battered cosmetically but structurally intact. My big question I suppose is - is it worth going for it or for that money are there better Warwick options out there ?

Any constructive advice welcome !

GD

G.D - you're lucky. Warwick basses seem to have a low second hand value compared to market price. Consider this - If you're already spending £450 on a Corvette $$, for another £200 and a bit of careful shopping in the for sale forum here you could get a top of the range Streamer Stage I in mint condition. For another £100-£150 you could get a Thumb SN definitely, and maybe a Thumb NT.

That's a pretty good price for a $$. I regret selling mine. They're very versatile, and very playable. Personally I preferred mine to the Warwick Thumb I used to own. The Thumb did one tone really well. The $$ actually had more variety of tone with the coil tap options.

Toasted is spot on, the price is a used Stage 1 makes these basses a great buy, I always liked the neck thru warwick necks over the bolt ons and the stage 1 for me has it all, great neck, nice balance and a great sound, plus they look great
Slightly more quirky is a neck thru dolphin, I had a five string, look at the price of these new, you can pick them up for less than 1K, they cut thru like no other bass i've owned.
I love warwicks would have a stage 1 tomorrow, but it doesn't fit with what I'm doing right now and there is still some "relevant GAS" to be sorted

T