Why become a member? ×

Big Rig FS/FT

Steff

Hello there,

I have decided to change my current rig due to my recent back problems (getting older :) ), and the new car I bought, which is a small one.

Ampeg svtIIp preamp - 80's ampeg made preamp, which I find much more reliable and better than the ampeg's that was released later. It has 3 tubes, input volume only, ampeg mid-range selectable switch and a graphic eq. Two jack outputs and a XLR output.

Ampeg SVP 1500 power amp - this one is rated 2x450W at 4ohm, but in my opinion, and in some rewiews over the net, it is a bit overrated and it produces 'round 300W per channel @4ohm. It is a MOSFET one, not valve. The sound of the amp is incredible, you can check some reviews on the net.

This is an actual photo of the cabs, the top one doesn't look that new anymore, since I have been gigging it a lot.

the amp

the preamp

Now Ampeg svt IIp + Ampeg SVP 1500 + 4u Road Ready rack case - 500GBP ONLY UNTIL SUNDAY!!! Local pick up preferred, considering the weight.

Edited by Steff

This one I would sell for 400GBP, as they are very rare to find, and it has been fully serviced and retubed an year ago, but as I have stated, will go only together with the power amp for 650GBP ONO, or a trade for a head, or preamp+amp+18' mesa for trade for an all valve head, or amp+preamp+the two cabs for an all valve combo.

Hey Drew,

Thanks for the offer, but I can't take it - I can trade my amp&preamp for a bass head or combo only. I will accept only 5str bass offers for trade with my SR5 + cab or cash from me. Only 4str offer I will accept is for '70s Jazz Bass, but I know they are rated a lot more than my SR5+the Mesa 18' cab, so I don't really expect I'd get so lucky to get an offer like that :).

[quote name='Steff' post='830417' date='May 7 2010, 10:08 AM']Hey Drew,

Thanks for the offer, but I can't take it - I can trade my amp&preamp for a bass head or combo only. I will accept only 5str bass offers for trade with my SR5 + cab or cash from me. Only 4str offer I will accept is for '70s Jazz Bass, but I know they are rated a lot more than my SR5+the Mesa 18' cab, so I don't really expect I'd get so lucky to get an offer like that :).[/quote]

No Worries, Best of Luck with the sale.... :rolleyes:

Now Ampeg SVP 1500 power amp + Ampeg svt IIp preamp + Road Ready rack case for sale - 600GBP! Will consider trade offers too! Valid until this Friday only!

Edited by Steff

Guest BassKS

Hey Steff, The ampeg looks mean. I wish I could see you guys play tomorrow with Ameliya. Played with her last time with Lee and Faton.
Good luck with the sale.

Hey mate, thanks :)

Obviously we are busy at the same time, otherwise I would enjoy meeting you for a drink and bass-chat :rolleyes:... Maybe some week day at Queen's arms. Cheers!

Guest BassKS

[quote name='Steff' post='837272' date='May 14 2010, 03:15 PM']Hey mate, thanks :)

Obviously we are busy at the same time, otherwise I would enjoy meeting you for a drink and bass-chat :lol:... Maybe some week day at Queen's arms. Cheers![/quote]

Mozhe, Vidimo se. ! :rolleyes:

Hey dude,

Can't sell them separately - I can't afford to be without a bass amp even for a day. But if you look up in this thread you will see an user called "Dubs", who was asking me for the preamp - you can contact him if you want and split the payment, just decide who's gonna take the rack case :)...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...