Why become a member? ×

EB MusicmanStingray Piezo

basshead56

Been offered a trade locally and would like to know if anyone has any experience?
Is it a very versatile bass? What sort of weight are they?
I have a SUB, but am selling that. Haven't had much Ray experience,
I really am moreof a Precision guy, maybe Jazz at a push.

Its a honeyburst finish from what I can tell, rosewood board, pearl pg and MM case.
What I dont get is the layout of the control plate.
What are all 5 pots for? :)
Is the the input jack on the bottom then?

Thanks for any help, :rolleyes:
Col

[quote name='basshead56' post='831140' date='May 8 2010, 12:14 AM']What I dont get is the layout of the control plate.
What are all 5 pots for? :)[/quote]
Not having had one, my guess is > 3 band eq > blend > volume.

[quote name='basshead56' post='831140' date='May 8 2010, 12:14 AM']Is the the input jack on the bottom then?[/quote]
Yes.

i have the sterling h piezo (and love it). as mentioned the controls are : volume, blend, treble, middle, bass.

the active circuit is very powerful, and the piezo is great for slap, and apparently also for achieving a double bass type sound, if played near the neck.

if you haven't seen this demo before, it will give you an idea, even if it is a sterling rather than a stingray.

[quote name='phil.i.stein' post='831218' date='May 8 2010, 08:59 AM']i have the sterling h piezo (and love it). as mentioned the controls are : volume, blend, treble, middle, bass.

the active circuit is very powerful, and the piezo is great for slap, and apparently also for achieving a double bass type sound, if played near the neck.

if you haven't seen this demo before, it will give you an idea, even if it is a sterling rather than a stingray.[/quote]

Nice demo of what it can do.

The piezo in an Ernie Ball bass is a great addition, as you can see in that video it opens a whole new spectrum of sounds previously unavailable to a normal electric bass, not only that but when used together with the eq it allows you to cut through the muddiest of band mix and adds definition & attack to your sound.

Also you will find that with a piezo, you tend to change strings less because if you like a bright sound this will enhance 50% of brightness to an otherwise dull set of strings way past their average life.

I'd jump on it, if I were you.

Edited by Grand Wazoo

[quote name='Grand Wazoo' post='831360' date='May 8 2010, 12:41 PM']The piezo in an Ernie Ball bass is a great addition, as you can see in that video it opens a whole new spectrum of sounds previously unavailable to a normal electric bass, not only that but when used together with the eq it allows you to cut through the muddiest of band mix and adds definition & attack to your sound.

Also you will find that with a piezo, you tend to change strings less because if you like a bright sound this will enhance 50% of brightness to an otherwise dull set of strings way past their average life.

I'd jump on it, if I were you.[/quote]

Thanks mate, really appreciated.

Grand Wazoo, of the hardware store?
"F**k you if you don´t like my hat!" :) :rolleyes: