Why become a member? ×

"Blue Flower" MIJ Fender bass

Does this now classify as a "bitsa"?

And is an "Allparts" neck really likely to be better than a Fender neck? Or only better than a bowed Fender neck?

[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Fender-Precision-Blue-flower-bass-heavily-modified-/320529958631?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV&hash=item4aa11306e7"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Fender-Precision-Blu...=item4aa11306e7[/url]

[quote]For sale Fender Blue flower bass (heavily modified) originally MIJ possibly 90's

Original MIJ blue flower Fender body(only Fender made these) has been routed to accept P/J Kent Armstrong pickups.

Original sub standard bowed Fender neck has been replaced with a superior allparts P bass neck with aged finish & appropriate Fender decal.

Original 2 saddle bridge contraption has been replaced with a high mass fully adjustable bridge.

1 x Vol ,1 x tone + pickup selector.There is a battery compartment in the rear that is now defunct but could be used if you wanted to fit active preamp but I've never bothered.[/quote]

Ha ha good find. It's hard to know where to start with this one. :rolleyes:
[quote]Sound wise you have the basic precision ...[/quote]...only the pup is a foot to the left. :)

I'll bet you anything the pup selector gives you either one or the other and not both.

[quote name='Mr. Foxen' post='832733' date='May 10 2010, 12:47 AM']I'd be after this if it wasn't for the flowers. I love Bridge position P pup, and beefy bridges, and chunky necks. Not so much with the blue flowers though.[/quote]
Couple of tins of spray paint would sort that for you. :)

[quote name='Ou7shined' post='832734' date='May 10 2010, 12:57 AM']Couple of tins of spray paint would sort that for you. :)[/quote]

Don't for a second think that hasn't crossed my mind. Also, electrical tape, and stapling roadkill to it.

Edit, looking bit more closely, thats had all the top spec bits put on it, actually an awesome bargain if you can be dealing with the silly colour. Someone go buy my Fenders.

Edited by Mr. Foxen

Obviously the Jazz 'neck' pup has been enlarged and if done properly shouldn't require a surround and as the 'bridge' pup has been routed in specifically then that should have been neat enough not to require a surround... what hideous routs are under those pup surrounds then? :)