Why become a member? ×

A 'Holy Grail'

[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110531929073&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...e=STRK:MEWAX:IT[/url]

What a beauty!
I love the 'Reserve Not Met' notice........No s**t sherlock :)

Am watching it just to see if anyone reaches the, no doubt rediculous, reserve,
What a stunning example though, I bet it plays and sounds immense

Si

[quote name='Sibob' post='835673' date='May 12 2010, 09:00 PM']Thats an entire retirement plan right there! :)
And the history of the bass is pretty cool too, even if only half of it is true!

Si[/quote]

I was in a hurry earlier and didn't read the description. Just looked at the pictures, fainted, and shut the page down.
Just read it now .. Elvis? wow.. We should run a book on how much that sells for.

I can't imagine what would cause someone to part with something like that. If it was me, I'd be buried with it.

I send the guy a message wishing him good luck with the sale, and he came back to me straight away. Seems to me that it's 100% genuine, and he's 100% nice guy.

HappyJack, if you're still looking for a Jazz to invest in this has to be the one!

Edited by pete.young

That is amazing! :)

What an amazing story and as said previously even if only a fraction is true its still a good read. i have got this saved, will be amazing to see what it goes for. I look at shiny new fancy basses like Sei and Overwater and think thats for me, but when I see a lovely vintage fender I think "now thats where my money should be spent". I now have serious GAS for an old Jazz or P.

[quote name='wesfinn' post='835737' date='May 12 2010, 10:14 PM']incredible bass! bridge screws aren't orginal tho[/quote]
I wasn't too sure about that, however, I think you're right. Any other Fender experts got a view on the provenance and originality (of anything relating to the bass)?

[quote name='The Bass Doc' post='835921' date='May 13 2010, 09:35 AM']Going to have some trouble playing All Right Now as the bass intro to the guitar solo can't work with the 19th fret missing.[/quote]

For that reason and that reason only I shall buy this bass! :)

lots of questions being put to the seller about the bass! He maintains the bridge screws are original, though he also says that its possible that he might of done the unsoldering when cleaning it but can't remember doing it. more than possible he may of changed the screws and forgotten about that too! I think it's made people a bit more shy about bidding for it though as the bids havn;t really gone up in the last few days.

I still want it :)

[quote name='wateroftyne' post='841897' date='May 19 2010, 12:06 PM']If it checks out as legit, that's a bargain.[/quote]

Indeed! He staes that there are lots of slotted head screws on it too in his Q + A such as the machine head fixing screws, strap button crews, pickup cover screws. Maybe Leo had run out of the usual screws!

Yes - I'm pretty sure that's the winning price. So the buyer did very well - that's a good price for a '60 Jazz.
:)

[quote name='Sibob' post='841979' date='May 19 2010, 01:03 PM']Did it actually go for that??
Does a reserve still show up as 'not reached' even when the auction has ended?

Si[/quote]