Why become a member? ×

Hiwatt

petetexas

Hi,

My Hiwatt 200W Valve Head has just blown a Valve ( a crack has appeared around the glass on one of the KT 88 Valves )

It blew the mains fuse ( which I assume it should do ) .

My question is .........I have just bought a set of 4 matched Electro Harmonix KT 88 valves ( the original valves have been in there for

at least 3 years, so they must be getting "worn out " ), do I need to get them re-biased, or because they are a matched set of 4 just plug and play ?

Any info would be appreciated.........

Pete

[quote name='petetexas' post='837034' date='May 14 2010, 11:44 AM']Hi,

My Hiwatt 200W Valve Head has just blown a Valve ( a crack has appeared around the glass on one of the KT 88 Valves )

It blew the mains fuse ( which I assume it should do ) .

My question is .........I have just bought a set of 4 matched Electro Harmonix KT 88 valves ( the original valves have been in there for

at least 3 years, so they must be getting "worn out " ), do I need to get them re-biased, or because they are a matched set of 4 just plug and play ?

Any info would be appreciated.........

Pete[/quote]

It will need rebiasing.

The matching is saying that all four new valves are matched (which they need to be) but the amps bias current needs to be set to work correctly with them.

[quote name='DHA' post='837046' date='May 14 2010, 12:00 PM']It will need rebiasing.

The matching is saying that all four new valves are matched (which they need to be) but the amps bias current needs to be set to work correctly with them.[/quote]

Thanks .........

Pete