Why become a member? ×

SOLD white (yes) gibson les paul studio

So I bought a white strat and took a dislike to it almost instantly so, (because it was white i know this now because....) I swapped it for a white Les Paul Studio and, well, I don't really like it - because it's white. I thought I would keep it and use it as a backup, but I'm just not loving it. It plays really nicely, the ebony board is also very nice - I believe they used ebony on some of the earlyish studios and then white versions only (and also on some of the ltd edition standards and supremes). A white LP is just a bit too Justin Hawkins for me.

I had once thought i might like a white jazz bass with a tort guard on it, but I think I just don't like white guitars full stop
Anyway - 1996 Gibson Les Paul Studio, Gold hardware, ebony fingerboard (nice), been left on a stand at some point in its life and the rubber on the stand has reacted with the nitro (or whatever it does) on the back of the neck and at the bottom edges, so it's gone a bit yellow - if that makes sense - and there are a couple of marks at the bottom of the headstock where it's been on a wall hanger, but there's virtually no dings (a tiny one on the edge), a little bit of buckle rash on the back - nothing through the paint - and the white is aging now - I don't know whether that's what nitro does - I've only got one nitro finished guitar and that's my LP standard.

It's supplied in a case - not an original Gibson one and in fact, I think it's for a smallish acoustic, but that's what it was sent to me in. It fits alright and I have all the bubble wrap that protected it still!

Anyway pics are [url="http://www.flickr.com/photos/johna_le3/sets/72157603252941569/"][u]here[/u][/url]. I think my mrs would like me to sell it for cash - i'd like £500 (which is what I paid for the strat) and a few quid for shipping. I might consider taking a cheap(ish) Jap Jazz in p/ex for it or maybe swap it for an S1 jazz. I might even consider parting with this AND my JV P for a 70s precision. But I need to square that at home first. Anyway drop me a line if you want any more info.

Edited by john_the_bass