Why become a member? ×

"For the average to advance bass player"

See what you make of this..

[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NEW-STUDIO-15-STRING-BASS-CUSTOM-MADE-ELECTRIC-BASS-/200474767771?cmd=ViewItem&pt=Guitar&hash=item2ead3a319b#ht_4890wt_1167"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NEW-STUDIO-15-STRING...#ht_4890wt_1167[/url]

i left pretty much speechless

[quote name='Clarky' post='844394' date='May 21 2010, 05:13 PM']At least it doubles up as a [b]cheese grater [/b]or vegetable mandolin[/quote]

From every review i've read on Tennessee basses i think cutting cheese would be too much strain for the dodgy construction to take!

Check out the bridge! I wonder what it intonates like? :)

[quote name='Stylon Pilson' post='844405' date='May 21 2010, 05:20 PM']From what I've heard, these absurd "Tennessee" brand basses are fundamentally unplayable.[/quote]
Indeed. I'm no expert, but two truss rods just doesn't seem like enough for a "neck" that wide. ("Neck" just doesn't seem the right word... "shelf", maybe?) It'd surely get warp-tastic. You'd also have to say bye-bye to your shoulder. And the floor, after the headstock dived into it when you took your left hand off the neck. Sorry... shelf.

[quote name='wesfinn' post='844691' date='May 21 2010, 10:19 PM']what tuning would that even be!??[/quote]
Whatever the hell you want. You still couldn't play it. :)

Seriously, though, it seems to be strung up in groups of a single gauge. The bottom three or four strings look about the same gauge, and the same with the top three. It wouldn't surprise me if it's strung up chromatically or something.

[quote name='Clarky' post='844398' date='May 21 2010, 05:15 PM']I would love to casually mention to someone playing that monstrosity, I think your tuning is a little out ... and retire swiftly out of arm's reach[/quote]

You wouldn`t need to worry about being out of arm`s reach Clarky. Anyone who played it for 10 mins would be so knackered just having the thing slung over their shoulder that they wouldn`t have the energy to lift an arm to thump you! That has to be the most bizzare guitar I have seen. You would need a mortgage to buy a set of strings.

Jez

[quote name='lemmywinks' post='844505' date='May 21 2010, 06:57 PM']Also i thought Tennessee basses were usually a couple of hundred dollars? This is over $3000![/quote]
Tropicalmoonmusic seem to be trying it on a bit. They've got a 10-string Stick "clone" on there which I have thought about buying - their previous auctions for them have finished up at $150-$200, they're asking something like $1500 BIN now. No spare cash ATM so won't put in a best offer of $100.