Why become a member? ×

Just realised....I think I might be a bass slag?

Moos3h

Hmmm, I'm increasingly realising something:

I like LOUD, clean (ish) Bass but beyond that? I really don't care!

Having owned a truckload of basses, all with the intention of landing on what I define as MY bass, I've ended up quite far from where I left off, but what I'm realising is that as long as it feels comfy enough and stays in tune, I could care less about the inherent 'tone' that it throws up.

Where it's at for me is serious speaker-age throwing out the sounds with enough power to make listeners evacuate themselves.

Everything else, for me, just isn't really of much importance.

Oh dear. Shall I remove my account?

Know exactly what you mean - after 70 basses I have come to the conclusion that I sound like me

Every bass I've ever owned has the ability to make me sound like me or it could be my playing style that makes me sound like me.

These days I buy basses for a change, something a bit different and to try basses I've never had the chance to try before.

I've always had a love of fretless and am going through one of these phases right now. I'd like to keep this one even if I go back to fretted cos it is a very comfortable bass.

I may get another 5 string, maybe a 6 an 8 or a 12. The latter most likely after I see Cheap Trick in November as I've forgotten how hard it is to play anything remotely hard on them without it sounding like I've thrown the bass down a flight of stairs while plugged in.

f*** it is what I say - if you see something you like, buy it, play it and then sell it when you see something else you like

[quote name='Jigster' post='845291' date='May 22 2010, 07:11 PM']:)

I do know that Tone is sometimes my best mate, and other times I hate him and will only refer to him as Anthony[/quote]
:rolleyes:

I realied a while ago that despite owning loads of gear through the years my main rig has been pretty static. First i used a Warwick through Hartke gear and couple of years ago i got the Zoot, Markbass, Schroeder setup.

All the gear i've bought has either been complimentary to that setup or just for messing about on and trying new things. I GAS more for little practice rigs and cheap backup basses than i do for expensive stuff to use as my main setup.

I think it's quite beneficial and interesting to try new things out in this way, also a lot cheaper than lusting after Alembics and Foderas!
I've spent quite a bit recently on my bitsa fretless to make it how i want it, i'm also spending money on a tiny practice cab light enough for me to cycle with