Why become a member? ×

PA being advertised at work

Hi All
just seen this on the work notice board - don't know the chap but it seems a great price for some decent mackie stuff to me - it'll be somewhere in london as work in Docklands - if anyone's interested drop me a PM and I'll forward his number to you.

28 May 2010
Full professional Mackie PA system - £1000 ono

I'm selling 2x Mackie SRM450 PA speakers, with Proel speaker stands, and a Mackie VLZ3-1402 mixer. Some cables thrown in. All in either mint or very close to mint condition.

Phone me / email me to discuss. Price is negotiable.

[quote name='Delberthot' post='851577' date='May 30 2010, 05:05 AM']May be a bit optimistic with the price - looking like around £1300 brand new.

If everything is in perfect working order then I woud say around £800 is nearer the mark[/quote]

+1. SRM 450 go for around £500 - £550 and that is for MK1's, the Mk2's are tosh IMHO.
I would agree that it is a bit optimistic.

Add to that the fact that PA stuff has pretty awful resale value unless still covered under warranty, I would be wanting to pay much more than £600, budgeting for the assumption it COULD have been ragged to within an inch of its life.

Of course, it may never have been outside and turned up past 2 on the master, but it's always hard to be sure. I know of a chap that spent £1k on a used setup that was in theory worth over £4k - very nice gear, but despite looking pristine he was landed with two units requiring a re-cone and one blown tweeter. Sigh.