Why become a member? ×

Buying/selling Basses/Amps/Cabs

Musicman20

Well, back in the early/mid90's, I had 1st 'proper' bass (Washburn Status). Then saw a teacher for a few months ,which led me to a fretless
(vester). I used to have a Hohner professional 'cricket bat' which I bought from my friend over 3 months. A few pedals
here and there and that was it. (played through a huge OHM amp/cab )

Move on to 2003 , after a long time away ,I got the band bug back. (And a mid-life crisis which probably still exists).
So , I got a proper Steinberger ,and got rid of the Hohner. Then because a few metal bands were doin' 5 string low B stuff I got one on a whim.

I thought that was it, but no, a friend of mine started getting guitars and basses made and he made me get the JD bass and the rest.
Then I made a few quid on flea bay with autographs, so I put the cash towards a rare and unusual bass (the Telecaster).
When I saw the Taxi bass a few months ago,I decided that was it.
Amp wise , I had to get more portable , and I love the Aguilar setup.
Initially , I had the room . My brother moved in about 6 months ago. I still have the room -just!!
As it is my only hobby, I did like the idea of having the basses as nice statements on the walls of the flat.(Tho' I do play them all from time to time)

May be forced to quit job ,but I will try not to sell any if push comes to shove. The only basses that do interest me enough to alter my present setup,
are a Kubicki EX F , a Steinberger white 5 string , a Steinberger cricket bat , a Steinberger Trans Trem, a Status Streamline and a Billy Sheehan green Attitude.
Funny that Idon't go for stingrays as that's almost my name :)
What I did find playing live , was that my Washburn or Steinberger were the main basses used due to pokey pub playing.

Edited by RAY AGAINST THE MACHINE

[quote name='Wil' post='1059739' date='Dec 15 2010, 05:02 PM']I can't fault the way my Spector plays, or the way it feels strapped on. The only thing I lust for occasionally is a change in tone, so sometimes I find myself longingly looking at Streamer Stage IIs and Bongos on ebay. But, the financial outlay is, for me, just too great in times like these. I could afford to buy a used Bongo or Streamer now,[b] but I think that money would be better kept in savings for a rainy day.[/b][/quote]

Although earlier on I was talking about loving my setup at the moment. I really hope that eventually I get into that mentality... I know for a fact that if I fell into some cash right now it would probably go on basses...!