Why become a member? ×

Using VT pedal into BDDI?

XPAULUSX

Hi, i've got a big gig coming up tomorrow and want to use my newly acquired VT pedal (thanks Etienne), when usually playing large gigs my signal chain usually consists of:

Bass > bddi > rig (DI From bddi XLR out)

however as you will know the VT pedal doesnt have an XLR out, so i'm wondering about the best way to go about setting up for tomorrow?

should i just run the VT pedal into the BDDI with the blend knob rolled completely to the left so that only the VT pedal signal is being sent through to my rig and to the FOH?

or would it be just as easy to just have:

Bass > VT Pedal > Rig and use the XLR output on my head? (trace AH300SMX)?

if i use the first method (VT Pedal and BDDI) how would i have to set up the "level" knobs so not to overload my amp head???

Cheers

Paul

• 4 weeks later...

[quote name='dannybuoy' post='859413' date='Jun 6 2010, 10:33 PM']Instead of turning the BDDI blend all the way left, how about just turn it off? Doesn't it send the unaffected bypass tone through to the DI like that?[/quote]

yeah - just turn the BDDI off and it becomes a 'clean' DI to give you a balanced output ( another topic in itself ! ) for the mixing desk / PA.

just run bass -> vt ->bddi -> amp

turn the bddi off when you don't want that sound, and treat the vt like any other effect. if you just want the vt sound, then just leave the bddi off the whole gig, it will still pass unaffected signal cleanly to the PA via the di out.