Why become a member? ×

Epiphone EB-0 with active preamp or second pickup

Delberthot

I'm contemplating buying an EB-0 and was wondering if I could combat some of the mite of the mudbucker with an active EQ or if I'd be better to stick to my orignal idea and add an EB-3 bridge pickup?

Thanks in advance for all the replies telling me not to bother at all but this is something that I have been thinking about for some time and am just wondering if an active EQ would improve the clarity :)

I've never tried it but I would have thought switching the mudbucker to a single coil would brighten it up no end (half the impedance). It would be quite a bit cheaper than buying a Model 1 which, IMHO isn't actually [i]much[/i] brighter/clearer/wider range than the original mudbucker it was meant to replace.

Got your PM by the way :)

After working out costs and time etc, I decided that it would work out cheaper just to get an EB-3 so I have taken advantage of the deal that Thomann are doing on the black ones of £169 delivered.

Should be here in the next couple of days, ordered it last night and it was despatched today.

[quote name='henry norton' post='866316' date='Jun 13 2010, 07:50 PM']I've never tried it but I would have thought switching the mudbucker to a single coil would brighten it up no end (half the impedance). It would be quite a bit cheaper than buying a Model 1 which, IMHO isn't actually [i]much[/i] brighter/clearer/wider range than the original mudbucker it was meant to replace.[/quote]

All about the series/parallel, as I recently discovered.