Why become a member? ×

FS: Carlsbro Bassline 150

Ok, this thing's great, been my main amp for almost 10 years of gigging, never had any problems with it apart from a power transformer going a few years back and the volume pot is currently in need of a re-solder (it works perfectly with that held still with gaffa tape).

I will take some photos of it soon, but it basically looks like this (but is a little bigger):

Considering that it's almost 10 years old and it's been heavily gigged, it doesn't have any serious signs of ageing, the carpet is a bit flattened and fluffy but there's no severe rips. Likewise the corners are scuffed but there's no dents and all the corner protectors are there.

I will sort out the soldering (I don't have a soldering iron, but I'm in work tomorrow and I'll try and remember to take it down there.)

These amps got replaced not long after I picked this up with the newer models which didn't get such good reviews and looked (IMO) cheaper and plastic, this is the older version with the black grille and knobs, so it's quite hard to find details on them. From what I remember these had the Celestion in them (which was the main reason for the big change in appearance when Carlsbro stopped working with Celestion) I might be wrong on that though.

This is 150w amp into a 15" speaker but make no mistakes it's loud. It puts my 320w GK to shame when I'm only using it through a single 210RBH (which aren't quiet amps). Because it's so reliable I've never had problems lending it out, I once was chatting to a soundguy at a gig when the support band was using it and he removed the bass from the mix then put it back, there was almost no difference at all and it wasn't even cranked.

For anyone wanting to buy a gigging amp on a budget, this would be perfect for you.

Looking at £150 to take it away.