Why become a member? ×

FS: Gallien Krueger 700RB -II and 210RBH x2

This is all less than 6 months old, it's been gigged fairly heavily for the amount of time I've had it but it's just scuffed and it all still works perfectly and sounds awesome. Frankly if it wasn't for upgrading to bigger, louder stuffs, I'd never dream of getting rid of it.

I'd be looking for £350 each.

I'll get up pics in the next few days, these work perfectly though. There's a few scuffs to the corners of the cabs and one has a slight red mark on the rear panel where I caught it with a car boot. The head's slightly bent on one of the bits of metal that protrudes past the main body of the head, the paint's completely undamaged though so I'm assuming it's a manufacturing fault.

This is all less than 5 months old, one of the cabs is about 4 and the other's about 2. The head's slightly older. All were bought from new. Sounds absolutely stunning. I've regularly gigged with just one cab but I got the 2nd for more projection at bigger gigs and so I could feel confident with other bands using it (just one of the 2x10s does struggle a little at loud gigging volume, but I've used it in large halls with no problems and no PA, I just felt a bit on edge because I worry about stuff like that).

This is basically a compact stack from their Artist range, if you look on their website you can see the other people that use a similar set up, including their main endorsers (Flea uses a 2001RB-II into 2 410RBH cabs instead of the 700RB-II into 2 210RBHs).

As you'll see from the pics, it's quite scuffed (been gigged heavily and put down lots whilst loading/unloading on concrete) but it's still in good condition overall. It wasn't all plugged in when I took the pics, but I have the kettle lead and 2 4 pin speakons (the speakons came with the stack, I have all my kettle leads stuffed together in a bag, the original is one of them hehe).

Edited by ThomBassmonkey

[quote name='ThomBassmonkey' post='874950' date='Jun 22 2010, 11:10 PM']I hate feelers but ideally I don't want to shift this, just I've been offered an amp endorsement and I'd need to shift this to fund it...[/quote]
Pardon my ignorance. How does an endorsement deal work? You have to pay for it?..... type bump. :)

[quote name='Ou7shined' post='874966' date='Jun 22 2010, 11:34 PM']Pardon my ignorance. How does an endorsement deal work? You have to pay for it?..... type bump. :rolleyes:[/quote]

Yeah (unless you're massively famous), it's heavily discounted though. :) To be honest I don't really know the details of this one (except the discount amount) which is why this is only a feeler. Once I find out more, this'll either be a FS thread or I'll take them down. Hopefully the former.

Thanks. :)

Just had a reply from the potential endorser, so this sale's definitely on now. I'll get up some pics ASAP, but this whole stack looks great, there's some scuffing if you look closely at the corners of the cabs, a mark on the back of one and a slight bent bit of metal and a scratch on the back of the head (which you can't see once it's racked) but it's otherwise perfect. The plastic's only been off one of the cabs about 2 weeks. I even still have all the boxes (complete with all the cellophane and polystyrene) if you want them too.

Just to give you an idea of what it looks like, here's a pic from when I'd just had it delivered.

Obviously there's another cab now and I'm not including the tuner or the rack in the sale.

Spill the beans on the endorser! Its gotta be pretty good for you to sell your GK! I can vouch for how good the gear is. Ive had the 700rb (now use the 2001rb) and ive got 410rbh cabs. This is just the more sensible option! Thats a bargain price too!

[quote name='ThomBassmonkey' post='875245' date='Jun 23 2010, 11:51 AM']Thanks. :)

Just had a reply from the potential endorser, so this sale's definitely on now. I'll get up some pics ASAP, but this whole stack looks great, there's some scuffing if you look closely at the corners of the cabs, a mark on the back of one and a slight bent bit of metal and a scratch on the back of the head (which you can't see once it's racked) but it's otherwise perfect. The plastic's only been off one of the cabs about 2 weeks. I even still have all the boxes (complete with all the cellophane and polystyrene) if you want them too.

Just to give you an idea of what it looks like, here's a pic from when I'd just had it delivered.

Obviously there's another cab now and I'm not including the tuner or the rack in the sale.[/quote]

Yeah, I'm wondering if it's a bit cheap to be honest hehe, but it's up now.

There's still potential for this to get pulled, I'm perfectly happy with this rig, it's just an ego thing and to look good to accept the endorsement. I don't think the amp I'd get will be any better or worse on the whole of it. I'll be losing a bit of money, but hey, you only live once.

I'll also be very open to selling just one of the cabs for £350.

I'll spill the beans on who it is when it's all 100%. It's a definite offer, but I'm not 100% I want to accept it yet. :)

Edited by ThomBassmonkey

As a matter of pure Rock n Rollness, if you're happy why don't you speak to GK (Polar Audio here in the UK) about a comparable endorsement? Ask them for a 2001rb! You know it makes sense.

[quote name='ThomBassmonkey' post='875458' date='Jun 23 2010, 02:36 PM']Yeah, I'm wondering if it's a bit cheap to be honest hehe, but it's up now.

There's still potential for this to get pulled, I'm perfectly happy with this rig, it's just an ego thing and to look good to accept the endorsement. I don't think the amp I'd get will be any better or worse on the whole of it. I'll be losing a bit of money, but hey, you only live once.

I'll also be very open to selling just one of the cabs for £350.

I'll spill the beans on who it is when it's all 100%. It's a definite offer, but I'm not 100% I want to accept it yet. :)[/quote]

Legend, you know it makes sense!

[quote name='ThomBassmonkey' post='877362' date='Jun 25 2010, 01:36 PM']Withdrawn, as much as I want to accept the endorsement, after thinking for a couple of days, I'm not prepared to give up the best rig I've ever used to buy a cheaper rig I've never even tried. If I get a Warwick rig, it'll be paid for without money from this being involved.[/quote]

Thanks guys, I feel happier knowing that I'm sticking with GK, whether or not I can work anything out with them. This morning when I got up I felt more apprehensive about giving up the GK rig than I did about turning down the Warwick endorsement so that made my choice for me. :)

Can't even believe I thought about selling the best rig I've ever used (never mind owned).

And thanks Chris, appreciate the help. :rolleyes:

+1 on what the others said- you definitely made the right choice IMO mate! The G-K heads are hard to beat for live work- they just sit so well in the mix onstage.
I just got back from St Tropez a couple of days ago after playing a wedding out there- I had a 800RB head and an old SWR Goliath II 4x10 hired in by a local PA company. It sounded absolutely massive with my Jazz Bass- one of the best live sounds I've ever had!

Et :)

Ive got an 800rb and know what you mean? It seems every PA hire company around the world has an 800rb in their arsenal. Must be a reason behind it!

[quote name='Etienne' post='878060' date='Jun 26 2010, 11:48 AM']+1 on what the others said- you definitely made the right choice IMO mate! The G-K heads are hard to beat for live work- they just sit so well in the mix onstage.
I just got back from St Tropez a couple of days ago after playing a wedding out there- I had a 800RB head and an old SWR Goliath II 4x10 hired in by a local PA company. It sounded absolutely massive with my Jazz Bass- one of the best live sounds I've ever had!

Et :)[/quote]

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, pics are up. £350 each for the head and cabs, £1000 for all 3. If anyone's interested in the tuner and rack case, I might be prepared to let them go too for the right price, depending on what's left of the rest of the rig.

This amp's all new, just been gigged a few times a week since I got it, it still sounds brilliant though and has plenty of volume for monitoring any stage we've played so far (including open air festivals, which take a fair bit more than your average indoor gig).

I live right off J25 of the M1, so feel free to pop around for a go if you fancy.

Here's a video of my band on Friday with this amp (signal taken from the DI out and don't tell anyone I've given out this video, we're not publicising them yet until all the songs we had recorded from that gig are up): [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LD-ad7mIShE"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LD-ad7mIShE[/url]
Here's my other band's facebook page, the recordings are mic'd up with one of the cabs, petite et la grosse gives a good idea of the sound (link's on the facebook): [url="http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/pages/Lil-Jims-Big-Squeeze/195254078839?ref=ts"]http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/pa...54078839?ref=ts[/url]

If someone takes any combo of this, my WEM and my Maverick (any combination of some/all) I'll knock money off accordingly.
WEM: [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=90565&hl=dominator"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=...mp;hl=dominator[/url]
Maverick: [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=89551"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=89551[/url]

Edited by ThomBassmonkey

I think that fate's determined I won't sell anything at the moment, my WEM and Maverick aren't going either. :)

I'll be getting a 2001RB-II into 2 410RBHs. Exactly the same rig as this, just more power and more speakers. I've been tempted to try the Fusion head and neo cabs, but this rig sounds so good I'm happy to stick with the same series cabs and head.

Nice to hear you're getting the 2001 and 410rbh setup. That's the as mine. Keep me posted! [quote name='ThomBassmonkey' post='894998' date='Jul 14 2010, 07:40 PM']I think that fate's determined I won't sell anything at the moment, my WEM and Maverick aren't going either. :)

I'll be getting a 2001RB-II into 2 410RBHs. Exactly the same rig as this, just more power and more speakers. I've been tempted to try the Fusion head and neo cabs, but this rig sounds so good I'm happy to stick with the same series cabs and head.[/quote]

Edited by chriswilliams666