Why become a member? ×

Finally it's all come together!

theosd

Phew, one sweltering drive later and I now have a groovy Orange rig... Couldn't be happier!! Have to say though I forgot how heavy bass amps can be having got accustomed to my Markbass cmd121h, that cab is a lump!

Next month it'll be getting a service/revalving but for now I'm just happy to be able to hear it at last.

[quote name='EdwardHimself' post='878883' date='Jun 27 2010, 03:21 PM']Looks good, although i wouldn't technically call it a "Bass amp", i should imagine it probably does the job quite well.[/quote]

Yeah it sounds great though; mega bassy, warm and fat!

Will look to get some more gain with the valves I replace it with though. I was toying with the idea of getting Matamp to build me two 1x12" cabs and using it as a PA but the cab turned up on ebay and when no one swooped I did a bit of behind-the counter bargaining!

Well chuffed.

Got to crank it at rehearsal last night.. well, 10 o'clock.. Wow, what a beautiful noise it makes. Fills the bottom end completely and compliments the drums perfectly. Get a really phat overdrive if I dig in which compliments the dynamic in my technique rather than being set to the gain.

Plus I can just about heave the cab into my car without assistance.. Drummer was amazed that anything could be heavier than his hardware case bless him :)