Why become a member? ×

Boss ME50b

parker_muse

Just bought one of these as I played one in the past and it blew me away - naturally i've GAS'd ever since. I'm eagerly awaiting its arrival. Can you guys tell me all the pros and cons of it from your experience?

I'm really going to be using the Muff, ODB-3, Flanger, Wah and maybe a bit of delay as well as a bottom boost and the compressors.

Cheers,

Parker.

An interesting thing it does is if you use Octave Up on the first pedal combined with an Overdrive/Distortion on the second, it'll only put the effect on the higher signal and will leave the normal signal clean underneath :)

My favourite effect is Muff Fuzz. Try it with both the Tone/Cutoff and D.Level/Resonance knobs turned to full and the Drive/Sens a little over half way.

Awesomezorz.

[quote name='parker_muse' post='881286' date='Jun 29 2010, 07:49 PM']Can you get a 'Wolstenholme' synth fuzz? Ala Time is running out? I'm guessing i might have to mix a fuzz with some kind of T-Wah or something?[/quote]

I actually use mine for Time is Running Out in my covers band. The fuzz with the t-wah gets reasonably close.

I tend to use mine in stomp box mode. If you programme in the presets, there is an annoying delay when switching between patches - which may or may not be a problem depending on how you use it.