Why become a member? ×

Warwick Streamer Fretless

warwickhunt

I used to have a Streamer really similar to that fretted one.

Sold it for stupid money years ago because I simply didn't know any better - the good old web has made us all so much better informed now, lol.

Bet this one sounds great, those earlier Streamers had a great growly tone from what I remember :)

[quote name='molan' post='917913' date='Aug 7 2010, 12:45 PM']I used to have a Streamer really similar to that fretted one.

Sold it for stupid money years ago because I simply didn't know any better - the good old web has made us all so much better informed now, lol.

Bet this one sounds great, those earlier Streamers had a great growly tone from what I remember :)[/quote]

Oddly enough Barrie there's suddenly renewed interest in these basses (Warwick forum, Talkbass and here) and the fretted is 'likely' going to a fellow BCer, we just need to finalise a couple of things.

I know what you mean about the 'growl', Warwick's infamous "Sound of wood" slogan certainly rings true with the early Streamers and I've never gotten that sound with the sister Spector NS bass, despite having owned USA and Euro models.