Why become a member? ×

I have a wasp and a TV in my bass

bubinga5

Hey!

excuse the title thought it might get your attention.. :)

just wondered what you guys/girls thought...i have a U Retro in my Sei and im getting all sorts of buzzing noises and general interference from electronics....there is a background white noise and when i touch the controls there is a buzz....

oh and the buzzing is still there in passive mode

keep in mind this is through headphones so is less easy to hear through the Aguilar...but annoying all the same...

any ideas

Edited by bubinga5

[quote name='bubinga5' post='884055' date='Jul 2 2010, 03:31 PM']Hey!

excuse the title thought it might get your attention.. :)

just wondered what you guys/girls thought...i have a U Retro in my Sei and im getting all sorts of buzzing noises and general interference from electronics....there is a background white noise and when i touch the controls there is a buzz....

oh and the buzzing is still there in passive mode

keep in mind this is through headphones so is less easy to hear through the Aguilar...but annoying all the same...

any ideas[/quote]

It's a jazz bass. They do that... it's the single coils. The effective increase in gain by the active circuit will also boost this buzz.

Of course, the loudness of the buzz depends upon your surroundings. Areas with dimmer switches etc, are going to be worse.

What can be done? Well, use split coil pickups... but first step would to completely screen the bass. I would be surprised if Martin hasn't already done this though.

oh i didnt think of the Bartolinis...of course they are single coils!

EBS the controls are screened...the control cavity with black screening paint and the control cover is aluminium with a veneer top..Maybe i should put the Nordstrand NJse's in...and put the Barts in the Fender...

i didnt realise but Martin has used the 4 string version of the Bartolinis in a 5 String Sei...

Edited by bubinga5