Why become a member? ×

My New Website + some Transcriptions

Hi all,

Just wanted to share with you all my new website - www.stuartclayton.com. It's been designed for me by a great website designer named Laura Kalbag (http://laurakalbag.com) and I'm really pleased with the results.

Under the Media menu you'll find a bunch of transcriptions, including a load of new ones done by my students at BIMM (and given a once-over by me).

Hope you all like it!

Stu

[quote name='Geek99' post='888430' date='Jul 7 2010, 01:51 PM']I may be missing something but the media section just seems to contain photos?
Site works quite well on a blackberry btw[/quote]

You shouldn't click on Media, you need to hover over it - this will give you a drop down menu: photos, videos, transcriptions, audio.

I'll be interested to know if the drop downs work on the Blackberry.

Stu

[quote name='oldslapper' post='888433' date='Jul 7 2010, 01:52 PM']Nice Stu.
Nice having the transcriptions, and a great encouragement for the students to have their's posted too.
Enjoyed the sample sound clips too.
Any plans to add more transcriptions over time?

Cheers,
John[/quote]

Thanks John. Yes, I definately intend to add more transcriptions over time. I know that most of my students are working on some over the summer, and I have a few in the pipeline myself. Things are pretty busy right now, but I'll always add more transcriptions as and when I get the chance!

Stu

Sadly not, but it does prove I'm not completely stupid.

You could do a lo fi version quite easily using just css and setting media=handheld (ask laura)
I'm a website programmer btw. The lofi version of basschat works well and is very quick

You should be rightly chuffed with the new site Stuart. I had no problems at all with it, it looks great as well.
I found your bio quite interesting. I remember those Axe ads and almost bought one. My first bass came from a small music shop that was in Litchdon Street (just off the square in Barnstaple?), can't remember what it was called. I remember the bass but not the shop's name that is.

Transcriptions are good as well. It's always a treat to find transcripts you can rely on as accurate.

Cheers
Rich

[quote name='Geek99' post='888430' date='Jul 7 2010, 01:51 PM']I may be missing something but the media section just seems to contain photos?
Site works quite well on a blackberry btw[/quote]

Could be cos, on aPC, you have to hover over the main menu heading for media to get to the subsections of Videos. music and transcriptions.

PM'd with ideas to make this a little easier

[quote name='Marvin' post='888694' date='Jul 7 2010, 05:31 PM']You should be rightly chuffed with the new site Stuart. I had no problems at all with it, it looks great as well.
I found your bio quite interesting. I remember those Axe ads and almost bought one. My first bass came from a small music shop that was in Litchdon Street (just off the square in Barnstaple?), can't remember what it was called. I remember the bass but not the shop's name that is.

Transcriptions are good as well. It's always a treat to find transcripts you can rely on as accurate.

Cheers
Rich[/quote]

Ahhh, that was Roadrunner music. I remember it from when I was a kid, but it closed before I was a bass player.

Glad you like the site, hope all is well with you.

Stu