Why become a member? ×

No longer for sale: Orange 2x15

fonzoooroo

This is an obscure one... Sure some of you know more about this than I do, so all comments welcome!

It's a 70s Orange 2x15" twin reflex horn cab. It is [b]BIG [/b]cab... And it needs work, so forgive the long description...

This belongs to a friend of mine, but it's sat in my garage at the moment, so I'll do my best with any questions.

I'm under the impression these cabs were re-issued in the 80s, and even these re-issues are rare. This has it's original, decidedly 70s looking fane drivers. One is [i]probably[/i] fine. The other is [b]definately[/b] in need of a re-cone. (looks as though spray glue's been used to fasten some grille cloth down over it at some stage, the glue's made a nasty mess on the surface of the cone, and though sound is produced, it's breaking up, and pushing the cone in and out produces a [i]grinding[/i] feel... So either voice coil out of alignment, or dead/dying voice coil. (if i were restoring the cab, it'd be either 2 new drivers, or i'd get both drivers re-coned unless advised otherwise)

The big shame is it's not orange any more... the tolex has been removed, and black paint nastily applied. The orange logo has been retained and there are still bits of orange left under the corners and on the angled panel at the back behind the wheels... So it's definately a real orange, not a home built lookalike.

As you'll imagine, I have little idea of price, and have to put one on, so I'll say [b]£300[/b]. If that sounds ridiculous, then try me with an offer. I'd love to see this cab go to a good home where it'll get restored and used, rather than languishing in my garage.

Edited by fonzoooroo

• 1 year later...