Why become a member? ×

Help - Changing a jack for a speakon connector

Bass Culture

Can I apologise in advance for what, I'm sure, is a really stupid question (I can already picture some of you reading this with your head in your hands!)? Right, deep breath, here goes: I'm changing a heavy duty (Bassic bits) speaker lead from Speakon-Jack to Speakon/Speakon. I've got a red and blue wire. If red was wired to the centre of the jack pin and red to the outer where do they go in the Speakon connector? I'm presuming they're wired centre to centre (would that be +/+?) but I'm not too proud to check!

Thanks.

[quote name='Bass Culture' post='894007' date='Jul 13 2010, 06:13 PM']Can I apologise in advance for what, I'm sure, is a really stupid question (I can already picture some of you reading this with your head in your hands!)? Right, deep breath, here goes: I'm changing a heavy duty (Bassic bits) speaker lead from Speakon-Jack to Speakon/Speakon. I've got a red and blue wire. If red was wired to the centre of the jack pin and red to the outer where do they go in the Speakon connector? I'm presuming they're wired centre to centre (would that be +/+?) but I'm not too proud to check!

Thanks.[/quote]

Red to 1+

Blue to 1-