Why become a member? ×

monster instrument cables

ianSB

Never knew about the OBBM but I have made up plenty of identical cables with Neutrics Silents and Vandamme cable and can only do it the same cost (and its my soldering as opposed to by someone who knows what they are doing!). Cables using these components are very reliable, sound perfect and robust. Use OBBM, they are doing it for what would be cost to you an me.

(As an aside I have been monitoring the reliability of the Silent jacks and finding them to be fine in the long run (1 year so far), but watch sideways force. I found this can put a very slight angle on the shaft which makes the little slidey bit stick. Can repair simply by gently applying force the other way to straighten and all is right again.

[quote name='4 Strings' post='1015901' date='Nov 8 2010, 12:20 AM']Never knew about the OBBM but I have made up plenty of identical cables with Neutrics Silents and Vandamme cable and can only do it the same cost (and its my soldering as opposed to by someone who knows what they are doing!). Cables using these components are very reliable, sound perfect and robust. Use OBBM, they are doing it for what would be cost to you an me.[/quote]

Aye obbm stuff is only marginally more expensive than making your own unless you buy in bulk or get a cheap deal

I managed to pick up a bag of Neutrik connectors a while ago for a few quid so i make my own now. Once they're gone (why is it that as soon as folk find out you have them they suddenly need cables making up?) i'll get some more obbm stuff

It's worth keeping an eye out in the FS section as occaisionally there's cable/connectors going cheap there