Why become a member? ×

The Nightfly

Pete Academy

[quote name='Bilbo' post='894443' date='Jul 14 2010, 09:37 AM']This may help (bearing in mind XB26354's alterations to my chords)

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=59948&hl=walk+between+the+raindrops"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=...n+the+raindrops[/url][/quote]

Good link to a great chart. I've still got the chart one from a very old guitar mag that is 100%

I recall when it first came out Dave Lee Travis playing it to death on his show, he seemed to have a track from it practically every week. Picked it up not long after that. I was really disappointed with the next solo DF album but then that was about ten years after Nightfly!

[quote name='crez5150' post='894574' date='Jul 14 2010, 10:51 AM']Having worked over 10 years of PLASA, Musikmesse and NAMM........ I now hate this bloody album....... oh and 'Hell Freezes Over'[/quote]

I used to work in a music shop and everytime I had to listen to "Hell Freezes Over" :-)

A couple of years ago I went to see The Brussels Jazz orchestra (with the very best of our musicians over here) and suddenly they announced a singer who did a cover of "The Goodbye Look"...great to hear that again.
A great album indeed.

All time classic, full of greatness...Would love to see a 'Classic Albums' done on this album.

It is still used by many engineers and producers as a reference when working in a new studio, even stranger when you consider it was one of the first all digital recordings with inferior sample rates etc compared with todays!

Proves the content is still more the most important ingredient to making a great music/recordings...