Why become a member? ×

Mustang - New Addition

Oggy

[size=3]Hi Basschatters,

I just had to share a few pictures of my refurbished Fender (CIJ) Mustang with you all.

I bought the Mustang from ‘basshead56’ (Colin) at the back end of May this year; it has to be said that Colin was a gentleman to deal with and went out of his way make sure I got the bass in great condition and well packed from Ireland – thanks Colin.

You can see the great condition of the bass when I purchased it from Colin at the following thread:
[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=86888&hl=Mustang"]Mustang - As Purchased From Colin[/url]

I was well pleased with the sound and playability of the bass when I received it but thought the ‘go faster red’ colour was a little to much for my Blues Band, especially when the ‘six stringer element’ thought it would be a good idea to do Surfin’ Safari now I had the right colour bass :rolleyes: .

I’d used Andy Viccars in Milton Keynes in the past (see: [url="http://www.andyviccarscustom.co.uk"]Andy Viccars - Website[/url] ) to do some work on my Gibson so approached him to do a full refurbish job on the Mustang, he did a great job as you’ll see from the pictures below.

Andy suggested the colour, he showed me his Jazz in this colour and I was sold. I bought the Tortoise shell scratch plate from the USA and handed the whole lot over to Andy to do his thing. Andy used the old traditional ‘Nitrocellulose’ paint finish, I have to say I’m chuffed to bits with the whole result – finish, set-up and sound (nice set of flats on it) are perfect – thank you Andy.

Oggy :)

Anyway the pictures:[/size]

[attachment=54192:Mustang_1.jpg] [attachment=54193:Mustang_2.jpg] [attachment=54194:Mustang_3.jpg] [attachment=54195:Mustang_4.jpg]
[attachment=54196:Mustang_5.jpg] [attachment=54197:Mustang_6.jpg] [attachment=54198:Mustang_7.jpg] [attachment=54199:Mustang_8.jpg]
[attachment=54200:Mustang_9.jpg] [attachment=54204:Mustang_10.jpg] [attachment=54201:Mustang_11.jpg] [attachment=54202:Mustang_12.jpg]
[attachment=54203:Mustang_13.jpg]

[quote name='basshead56' post='894485' date='Jul 14 2010, 10:18 AM']Stunning Tim, stunning! :rolleyes:

That is a fantastic looking refin! Loving the tort pickguard too!

Glad she´s being put to good use!

Well wear man!

Col[/quote]

Hi Col,

Glad you like her, I'm now spoiled for choice between Mad Max (Gibson SG) and Sally (Mustang) - I know, sad bugger :lol: .

The short scale basses are the way forward for me, struggled for to long with the 34" scale + small hands + arthritis creeping up on me. I see that there's a Japanese Fender Jazz (only available in Japan :) ) that's a 32" scale - love to get my (small) hands on one of those.

Hope all is well with you Col.

Tim (Oggy)

[quote name='Low End Bee' post='894503' date='Jul 14 2010, 10:28 AM']Nice. A Sid junior.
Very Captain Sensible on Supersonic.[/quote]

Hi Low End,

I'm in trouble if she grows into a Precision; it'll be bigger than me :rolleyes:.

Glad you like her though, thanks.

Oggy :)

[quote name='Legion' post='894502' date='Jul 14 2010, 10:28 AM']Very nice! I went to see Air playing at Somerset house last week (awesome gig) and watching him play stuff like La'Femme D'argent on his mustang makes me envious of this little beauty :rolleyes:[/quote]

Hi Legion,

"La'Femme D'argent" :); wasn't me, I never touched the Girl :lol:.

Thanks Man.

Oggy :lol: