Why become a member? ×

Cancer Research Gig in Batley

mowlie_2000

An eight band megathon of rock with some of Yorkshires best and favourite bands on Yorkshires most famous stage - Batley Frontier. A corner of Las Vegas in West Yorkshire! The recipient of the fund raising is Cancer Research UK, the leading cancer charity. Entrance is £3 in advance an £4 on the door (under 16s half price!!!). Contact me on 07849 727439 or Brian Glover on 07963 162008.

Check out the event on Facebook also - [url="http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/group.php?gid=115874388424685&v=info"]http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/gr...4685&v=info[/url]

• 2 weeks later...

Just thought I would bump this up to the top as the first two bands ( and maybe more ) feature basschat bassists.

First on following a recent cancellation is ZZ Eliminator that I believe features Dr Dave on bass ( 2pm )

Next on is the band I play in Empress ( 3pm )

I cant wait to play this huge famous venue

Any more basschatters going ?? please say hello if you are

Tony

I only just got the news myself , looking forward to this one. We've been involved in Rock of the North's fundraising activities to help fight cancer before , and it's a pleasure to be doing so again.

Events like this are a blast and very , very important. Please support it if you can.

Well , Tony and I did our bit. Place was a bit empty while we were on but filled up a bit during Tony's band's set.

His Geddy sounded well from the back.

Generic Ampeg/Behringer rig. Can't say it did much for me and pound to a pinch of sh*t I've got a throat infection from the mic !!