Why become a member? ×

Trace Elliot 1225v Combo

Higgie

Well, here we have a real old vintage Trace combo. I don't know much about it, as I got it from my uncle, but it's a 2x10 with a Valve preamp, 12 band graphic EQ, FX loop, mid preshape switch, noise reduction switch etc. The sound is absolutely unreal! Trace Elliot sound at its best. When I originally got it about 6 years ago, the tweeters in it were farting, so I removed them. Currently it just has the original 2x10s in it. The thing is pretty heavy so couldn't post it, it would have to be picked up, but believe me the weight is worth it for the sound. I believe it to be 200 watts - But sounds MUCH louder than that!

Now I've never even really seen another for sale so I'm not sure how much it's worth, but its vintage TE gear (a little battered) that works and sounds awesome, even without the tweeters, so I'll put a price of £300 on it. Please PM me if this is over/under priced, or if your interested. I'm open to a bit of haggling, and part ex's, but outright cash wins every time.

Will get some pics up shortly.

Cheers

[quote name='Higgie' post='895679' date='Jul 15 2010, 03:23 PM']What do you think price-wise? Should I be charging more for this beast of an amp? :)[/quote]

That's a tough one. They are certainly rare, and it's a shame this one is missing the tweeters; I'd say £300 is probably about right. I really am tempted...

[quote name='walbassist' post='895721' date='Jul 15 2010, 03:58 PM']That's a tough one. They are certainly rare, and it's a shame this one is missing the tweeters; I'd say £300 is probably about right. I really am tempted...[/quote]

Go on...You know you want to :)