Why become a member? ×

svt pro

danbowskill

[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Ampeg-SVT-5-Pro-/300447882961?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_MusicalInstr_Amplifiers_RL&hash=item45f416ded1"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Ampeg-SVT-5-Pro-/300...=item45f416ded1[/url] is this for real???? bloomin bargain of the cent if it is?

I own one of these and they are amazing. I paid a little bit more for mine but it came with the rather sought after APF-4 footswitch for all the channel tomfoolery that I like... mine didnt come with a Gator either, so I would say DEAL DEAL DEAL! As long as it works... doubt that will hang aroung long

Guest johnzgerman

[quote name='Stag' post='901128' date='Jul 21 2010, 06:21 PM']please tell me someone from here bought this! ultra mega awesome deal[/quote]

i was going to but the guy would'nt take cash on collection which i thought was a bit suspicious seeing as he'd listed it as pickup only.

[quote name='johnzgerman' post='901141' date='Jul 21 2010, 06:40 PM']i was going to but the guy would'nt take cash on collection which i thought was a bit suspicious seeing as he'd listed it as pickup only.[/quote]

We lost £400 when someone paid us in fake £20 notes. Even the bank and the police were impressed by the quality of them. Direct transfer is quick and easy now and traceable. I will only take Building Society cheques for cars.

Guest johnzgerman

[quote name='Stag' post='901175' date='Jul 21 2010, 07:01 PM']I paid someone on eBay via Bank Transfer a couple of years back and my bank could do nothing about it after I realised id been scammed - whats changed?[/quote]

nothing as far as i know, paypal is just as dodgy, they can only get your money back if the person has money in the account that is linked to their paypal account. cash on collection is the only way you can be sure IMV, although that has its risks too, people get mugged or given fake notes etc although the latter is usually avoidable.

[quote name='Stag' post='901175' date='Jul 21 2010, 07:01 PM']I paid someone on eBay via Bank Transfer a couple of years back and my bank could do nothing about it after I realised id been scammed - whats changed?[/quote]

I assume you reported it to the police as theft and gave them all the bank details.

All done and yes nothing happened, there are a multitude of other examples of this previously happening on the net and the banks / police being able to do positively nothing about it. Im not comfortable using it anymore unless its someone I actually know. What has changed recently to make it safer? Im just asking out of interest you see.

[quote name='Stag' post='901251' date='Jul 21 2010, 08:20 PM']All done and yes nothing happened, there are a multitude of other examples of this previously happening on the net and the banks / police being able to do positively nothing about it. Im not comfortable using it anymore unless its someone I actually know. What has changed recently to make it safer? Im just asking out of interest you see.[/quote]

As a seller once I have been paid the money is there.

If you are buying then it's no safer than any other method. Its a risk you take when you buy anything. Along with the risk that it works and the risk that it's not stolen. It's one reason why things are cheaper when you buy them from an individual than when you buy from a shop. If you're buying something you have to always think "If this is a scam can I afford to lose £xxx?", or will I pursue the scammer to recover the money. If not, then buy from a reputable site using credit card.

There is ALWAYS risk in trading whether you are buying or selling.

Guest johnzgerman

[quote name='thepurpleblob' post='901302' date='Jul 21 2010, 09:10 PM']As has been discussed elsewhere, PayPal doesn't cover collect-in-person deals if anything goes wrong.[/quote]

yes, but if you collect in person then you get the chance to inspect the goods before you hand over any cash, if it is in any way dodgy then you can walk away having only spent the petrol money.

[quote name='johnzgerman' post='901306' date='Jul 21 2010, 09:13 PM']yes, but if you collect in person then you get the chance to inspect the goods before you hand over any cash, if it is in any way dodgy then you can walk away having only spent the petrol money.[/quote]

Yeh - but that was the point. This guy wouldn't take cash for the amp, which is strange!

Guest johnzgerman

[quote name='thepurpleblob' post='901325' date='Jul 21 2010, 09:27 PM']Yeh - but that was the point. This guy wouldn't take cash for the amp, which is strange![/quote]

oh, yeah sorry, i'd forgotten about that bit.