Why become a member? ×

New audition!

Musicman20

Ive got a 'practice/audition' with a band I caught play at the Narcfest here in Newcastle. They need a bass player/backing vocalist so I applied straight away.

They were excellent live, and Im hoping I can be part of it and start gigging more regularly. My other band will continue but it is, as normal, taking time to get everything right.

This band is a 4 piece (when they have a bassist) and they have excellent layered vocals, so Im hoping this works out! Its originals, but very slick and interesting modern indie/post punk.

Ill let you all know how it goes. They seem to all be gear heads so thats a start...at least they will understand a need for new equipment.

Its all come at once as Ive had 3 interviews in the past 10 days or so and I have more coming up!

Edited by Musicman20

Hi Chaps

Thanks - will give more info if I get it. Had a small rehearsal tonight and I REALLY enjoyed it. Exceptionally good band and they really know their gear!

One more tomorrow, then I get a decision I think.

We all got along and I was happy with my playing. Not sang harmonies for a long time but its good to know I still can.

Well, I did a second practice and Im still awaiting some information.

I was 90% confident id nailed this, due to the fact I gave them everything they expected and more, but now Im waiting for an answer and getting anxious.

The work situation has improved 100% so thats something to be positive about.

Id be extremely happy if I managed to get into this band, as they sound fantastic live and in the rehearsal room. Its the first time ive sang so many harmonies so Im on my toes/a little nervous which in my experience is a good thing. My only worry is that I tend to over play some lines and add the odd little slide/run and Im hoping this sudden change from the normal root note playing hasnt put them off. I played the lines exactly as they recorded them previously, but with more dynamics with the drummer, (eg when they have a louder section, playing the odd chord to fill it out).

Knowing my current run of bad luck with bands though....

Edited by Musicman20

Waste of time, yet again. Not impressed with the band scene so far up here.

Basically, they can't make a decision but want to leave it for 8 weeks or so.

It's times like these you have to ask yourself is it all worth it? Eg the effort and practice in making yourself stand out from the usual dull root root ex rhythm guitarist bass players.

Not impressed.

[quote name='Musicman20' post='913119' date='Aug 2 2010, 07:46 PM']Waste of time, yet again. Not impressed with the band scene so far up here.

Basically, they can't make a decision but want to leave it for 8 weeks or so.

It's times like these you have to ask yourself is it all worth it? Eg the effort and practice in making yourself stand out from the usual dull root root ex rhythm guitarist bass players.

Not impressed.[/quote]

Feel for you mate. Stick with it though, somewhere out there is the right band for you. Hopefully you will find them sooner rather than later.