Why become a member? ×

Marshall JCM 800 Bass series

andywoolace

Hi guys,

I've been cleaning out some gear from my dad's shed and come across a Marshall JCM 800 bass series head. It's a 100w Mk2.

The model number is 1992 - but the serial number S29127 which means it's circa 1984 (is this right)... so i guess it's pretty rare.

It's in pretty good condition - I've plugged it in and it all works, probably do with a bit of WD40 on the volume knob but apart from that that it sounds great.

I'm trading in some equipment so anyone have any idea what this could be worth?

Cheers,

Andy

[quote name='Mr. Foxen' post='908793' date='Jul 29 2010, 12:43 AM']Don't use WD40 in pots, it is bad for them, only works in the short term, makes it worse shortly after. No idea on pricing, but this isn't really the right section for that.[/quote]

Noted with thanks,

Andy

• 2 weeks later...

You got a nice amp there, same as in my pic ;] =]

Thing is, i got mine for £500 with matching cab from ebay by pure chance as no-one tends to look out for these beauties no more + theres only so many you can have or I'd have it haha.

I've seen the heads alone on ebay for £750 and just not shifting.

I think if you were to go and sell, i'd personally aim for £600>, you got an honest price for you/ your dad and the buyer.

edit: try posting on a marshall amp site as there may be more of a following for these there.

Edited by bigsmokebass