Why become a member? ×

alembic mark king standard no;00mj12483

tubbybloke68

[attachment=55977:bass_001.jpg] Alembic Mark King standard 00mj12483
[attachment=55978:bass_007.jpg] Alembic Mark King standard 00mj12483
[attachment=55979:bass_002.jpg] Alembic Mark King standard 00mj12483

SALE AGREED,THIS BASS IS TAKEN.

Edited by tubbybloke68

[quote name='Shockwave' post='917932' date='Aug 7 2010, 01:13 PM']Forum rules dictate you MUST put a price up with your advert. Please do this now.[/quote]
ok im sorry bout that,i first put this on here 4/5 days ago and was trying to put the pics on the same topic but got it wrong!anyone who looked at it before will realise tis the same bass i guess.price £1750

hi there,well i just picked up the bass this morning from the american guitar centre where i took it for the set up.the guy there said that the hairline crack was no big deal as he put it.he said if i wanted the action ultra low then a neck shave maybe required.in my opinion the action is now pretty dam low anyway,intonation spot on etc.thanks very much by the way.regards jeff

[quote name='lozbass' post='917964' date='Aug 7 2010, 01:53 PM']Thanks for the clarification - the crack doesn't look like a big deal. Gorgeous bass - the action can usually go down to the floor on Alembics - maybe the tech was suggesting a slight stone to clean up after any settling[/quote]

You looking for a 3rd Alembic, Loz?

Glad i'm still skint, this looks right up my street - that crack shouldn't go anywhere, if the bass is looked after - i.e. not dropped on it's head a lot.

Has anyone got £1750 spare? I'll pay you back.

[quote name='molan' post='919126' date='Aug 8 2010, 10:31 PM']Also - what do all the controls do - I get a bit lost on Alembics, lol[/quote]

From Davehouck on the Alembic Club site:

"Signature controls are volume, balance, neck pickup filter, neck Q switch, bridge pickup filter, and bridge Q switch.

Basically, the filter control is a low pass filter; as you roll it back it lowers the point at which it passes low frequency signals and blocks high frequency signals. To quote Mica, "the range is from 350Hz-6KHz. Wherever you set the filter, only frequencies below that cutoff point are passed." The Q switch works in concert with the filter and provides an 8db boost at the cut off frequency you've set with the filter. When the switch is off you get a flat response up to the filter setting. Again to quote Mica, "the Q affects mainly the attack portion of the note"."

The bass in the ad also has a switch for the LEDs.

The set-up is actually very easy and intuitive - the range of tones is extraordinary (lots of variations on the bottom end of a very high-quality grand piano...and more sustain!)

Edited by lozbass