Why become a member? ×

Anyone here totally modded a Fleabass yet?

derrenleepoole

Has anyone here totally modded a Fleabass yet? I know of the EMG pickup swap that most people do, but I was wondering if anyone has gone further? I have an unused Seymour Duncan Basslines alnico humbucker and the preamp eq system just itching to go into a bass. As I'm moving to 30" scale permanently, I've been toying with the idea of the Fleabass Junior and doing a good mod on it - but I'm unsure if the string spacing will suit the humbucker etc. I think I did see somewhere someone who did do this - i.e: re-route the pickguard and body, drill new holes for the extra pots etc, but I can't find where I saw it........ I've tried the Fleabass and thought it was quite okay, maybe not worth the full asking price, but a good bass to knock about on, and as there aren't any other short scale Stringray-esq styled basses out there, I thought this might be a good way to go. Any thoughts?

[quote name='derrenleepoole' post='918208' date='Aug 7 2010, 06:21 PM']Has anyone here totally modded a Fleabass yet? I know of the EMG pickup swap that most people do, but I was wondering if anyone has gone further? I have an unused Seymour Duncan Basslines alnico humbucker and the preamp eq system just itching to go into a bass. As I'm moving to 30" scale permanently, I've been toying with the idea of the Fleabass Junior and doing a good mod on it - but I'm unsure if the string spacing will suit the humbucker etc. I think I did see somewhere someone who did do this - i.e: re-route the pickguard and body, drill new holes for the extra pots etc, but I can't find where I saw it........ I've tried the Fleabass and thought it was quite okay, maybe not worth the full asking price, but a good bass to knock about on, and as [b]there aren't any other short scale Stringray-esq styled basses out there[/b], I thought this might be a good way to go. Any thoughts?[/quote]

Aren't the probass ones short scale?

[quote name='Rayman' post='918230' date='Aug 7 2010, 06:44 PM'][url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=71695&hl=fleabass"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=...amp;hl=fleabass[/url]

Here's the thread on mine.[/quote]

Yeah, I'd already seen your thread and it was really helpful, but you haven't gone quite so far. I'd actually missed the link on the last two posts of the thread, and found what I saw originally which gave me the idea - I thought I'd imagined it or something :rolleyes:

Cheers for that... :)

Edited by derrenleepoole