Why become a member? ×

Do i really need two????

CHRISDABASS

Hey

Been having a bit of a re think regarding my gear.......

Do i really need two sadowsky's?

Surely one is enough for anyone and its almost greedy to have two!!??

Same goes for my markbass heads!

Should i sell one sadowsky and one head and put the money into something else??

Please share your thoughts

Cheers

:)

If you like them, keep them :)

I sold two Rays thinking ill buy one 4 Ray and one 5 Ray. I dont currently have any due to waiting for stock, but I REALLY miss having both those Rays. So much so that I might just bite the bullet and get another.

Ive learnt so far that GASSING for new gear is bad for your gear collection as sometimes you sell something thats really good.

Trouble is im not gassing for more bass gear its more synth / studio based things that im looking at.

Im just not sure if it makes any sense having all this money tied up in what are pretty much just spares to the main gear i take out to gigs.......

While i love having both it can sometimes feel like a waste having such a lovely bass sat in a case at home most of the time. I do try to alternate which one i take out but really i would probably be happy spending most of my playing time on one bass

Hmmmmmm

:-/

[quote name='BurritoBass' post='918972' date='Aug 8 2010, 07:26 PM']I have 5 Precisions which I'm only now stating to think is a bit much. If you like them & play them it's no problem[/quote]

I drew the line at four!

4-string active with rounds
5-string active with flats
4-string passive P/J (+ graphite neck) with rounds
4-string fretless with flats

Two Sadowsky's really should NOT be a problem. Just stick a set of flats on one of them. :)

Seriously - it's a different bass.

[quote name='Happy Jack' post='918993' date='Aug 8 2010, 07:59 PM']I drew the line at four!

4-string active with rounds
5-string active with flats
4-string passive P/J (+ graphite neck) with rounds
4-string fretless with flats

Two Sadowsky's really should NOT be a problem. Just stick a set of flats on one of them. :)

Seriously - it's a different bass.[/quote]
I have 5 Precisions:

2 for live use, and a 51 Reissue, Classic 50s, and a US thats a 60s Motown looky-likey, so 1st, 2nd & 3rd generation Precisions for home use.

Don`t need any more basses, though am sure one of those Probass Rickenfakers is gonna be added to the list.

So two? - nowhere near enough.

I think the "if you like 'em and play 'em" comment is key.

I've tried having two basses on a number of occasions, but I just keep going back to my favourite, so the other doesn't really get played. I guess if you do something different with one of 'em (eg string it with flats...) that turns it into a different tonal beast [u]and they both get played[/u]..... can't see any probs with having them both.