Why become a member? ×

The Great Jazz Bass Part-Out

Hi folks,

Mostly using my Ibanez Blazer for rocking out now, so this is just sat around waiting for someone to make use of it. I built this bass last summer and it has only seen gentle practice and the odd gig here and there. So let's begin...

[u][b]2009 MIM Fender Jazz Body[/b][/u]

Got this off Ebay, not long after the Lake Placid Blue was re-introduced as a colour for Mexican Fenders. It comes with the pickguard, control plate, a (slightly scratched) neck plate, the knobs, strap buttons and all screws. Don't have the pots or wire, but they're easy to pick up from other places and are usually replaced for CTS ones.

There's a couple of dings by the bridge side of the bass which I have tried to photograph. Nothing major and nothing gone through to the bare wood...just being honest about them. A few minor scratches in the belt buckle area too, again nothing major.

[b]Looking for £90 posted - PRETTY MUCH GONE[/b]

Next up, [u][b]2009 Warmoth Tele Jazz Neck[/b][/u]

This is a cracking piece of kit. Have a search for Warmoth and how well regarded they are if you don't know of them. This is a Maple neck with Rosewood board. It has a Warmoth fitted Corian nut and is finished in Clear Gloss. Despite this, the neck isn't 'sticky' or slow...quite the opposite. This feels slightly thicker and chunkier than a 'standard' Jazz neck, but I find it very comfortable...certainly not Precision sizes.

This comes with the string tree and Hipshot HB-2's. The Hipshots can be removed if you so wish and I'll sell them separately. I'd rather sell as one as the Hipshots have quite alarge baseplate and other tuners would perhaps leave holes where the Hipshots originally were. Does that make sense?! Neck is straight as an arrow and frets and board are in great shape.

To buy this new from Warmoth would be $280 = £175, and that's before the shipping, taxes, and tuners are added so...

[b]Looking for £160 posted[/b]

Next, [u][b]Schaller 463 Chrome Bridge[/b][/u]

This was from Warmoth, absolutely brand new...never ever used. Comes with 3 screws (it isn't a direct Fender 5-hole replacement) and the allen key. I can get pics if you like, but google it, and it looks like that!

[b]Looking for SOLD[/b]

And finally...

[u][b]Rio Grande Muy Grande Jazz Pickups[/b][/u]

Again, Warmoth bought, these too have never been used. Ever. Comes in original box with screws and mounting foam. These pickups are rounded, but obviously fit standard Jazzes. As these aren't too common over here and brand new, [b]looking for £70 posted[/b]

That's the lot, PM's and comments are welcome.
Cheers for looking

Edited by umcoo