Why become a member? ×

Washburn project

My ears went up in a Snoopy like fashion when I saw the word "Status", thinking that maybe it was a Status neck like the UK made Westone 6 strings. But, it seems that it's only the hardware that's branded Status, and it might not be the same company.

In any case, here it is for those with the practical skills. [url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Status-Washburn-headless-Bass-guitar-body-and-Hardware-/300453646869?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV&hash=item45f46ed215"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Status-Washburn-head...=item45f46ed215[/url]

[quote name='Annoying Twit' post='919355' date='Aug 9 2010, 10:28 AM']My ears went up in a Snoopy like fashion when I saw the word "Status", thinking that maybe it was a Status neck like the UK made Westone 6 strings. But, it seems that it's only the hardware that's branded Status, and it might not be the same company.

In any case, here it is for those with the practical skills. [url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Status-Washburn-headless-Bass-guitar-body-and-Hardware-/300453646869?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV&hash=item45f46ed215"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Status-Washburn-head...=item45f46ed215[/url][/quote]

It is a "proper" Status in that these were official licensed copies made in Japan & sold with the Washburn brand, as you say with genuine Status hardware & electronics.

This is a potentially very easy project for someone who'd be happy bunging conventional J pups & wiring in, as a gyppo such as me might. I'm watchin'. :)

Jon

Many moons ago (when these basses were just released), Grott's Guitars in Newcastle had a good handful of these and they were all B stock, factory seconds, warehouse damaged stock etc. a load did the rounds up here changing hands for not a lot of money as various people cobbled together complete basses out of the various donor basses. The one that I had played well and was an excellent 'Status' bass for very little outlay. :)

[quote name='Bassassin' post='919435' date='Aug 9 2010, 11:36 AM']It is a "proper" Status in that these were official licensed copies made in Japan & sold with the Washburn brand, as you say with genuine Status hardware & electronics.

This is a potentially very easy project for someone who'd be happy bunging conventional J pups & wiring in, as a gyppo such as me might. I'm watchin'. :)

Jon[/quote]

Good luck with that. I won't be bidding, and I won't be contacting the bidder to somehow "reserve" it from under your nose either :rolleyes:

[quote name='Annoying Twit' post='919633' date='Aug 9 2010, 02:02 PM']Good luck with that. I won't be bidding, and I won't be contacting the bidder to somehow "reserve" it from under your nose either :)[/quote]
Giving it some thought - I'll sit this one out because I'm currently taking on more projects than I could finish in my remaining lifespan!

So if you or anyone else fancies a pop please go for it & I hope you get a bargain.

Expect to see me offloading a lot of stuff I'm never going to finish/use on here real soon. Anyone want a brand-new Badass 2, still in the packet?

J.

[quote name='Bassassin' post='919665' date='Aug 9 2010, 02:29 PM']Giving it some thought - I'll sit this one out because I'm currently taking on more projects than I could finish in my remaining lifespan!

So if you or anyone else fancies a pop please go for it & I hope you get a bargain.

Expect to see me offloading a lot of stuff I'm never going to finish/use on here real soon. Anyone want a brand-new Badass 2, still in the packet?

J.[/quote]

Well guv I will be happy to give you a ton or so for the Talbo, purely for scrap value you understand :)

[quote name='grumble' post='920131' date='Aug 9 2010, 10:04 PM']Well guv I will be happy to give you a ton or so for the Talbo, purely for scrap value you understand :)[/quote]
Aww. Tell you what - If I ever get dragged down an alley & mugged by the Charity Fairy, I'll keep you in mind! :rolleyes:

J.

If this is actually worthy of note, then with the Tokai bass in another thread seemingly to be a real MIJ, that's a fairly good hit rate I've been having lately. It's been at least a few weeks since I posted something which actually turned out to be a modern Chinese bass where a classic brand name has been purchased, or something like that.