Why become a member? ×

Dimarzio model J NECK pickup! SOLD!!

Got a model J Dimarzio pick up for sale, works perfectly fine, not in absolute tip top shape, few scrapes and dings but it works!! I got this second hand and the wires were cut short so i've had to solder extensions on (not the best at soldering to be honest with you!!) I was using it with an ultra jazz bridge pick up but this overpowered it too much. It has a really nice deep tone but not the sound i was looking for!

i will include a replacement pick up cover, its a tight squeeze but does fit!

SOLD!!

Could get pictures if absolutely neccessary!

Edited by willyf87

[quote name='willyf87' post='920565' date='Aug 10 2010, 12:31 PM']Got a model J Dimarzio pick up for sale, works perfectly fine, not in absolute tip top shape, few scrapes and dings but it works!! I got this second hand and the wires were cut short so i've had to solder extensions on (not the best at soldering to be honest with you!!) I was using it with an ultra jazz bridge pick up but this overpowered it too much. It has a really nice deep tone but not the sound i was looking for!

i will include a replacement pick up cover, its a tight squeeze but does fit!

£25 include postage.

Could get pictures if absolutely neccessary![/quote]
Hi - been looking for a neck pos Model J for a bit - wouldn't mind seeing some pics, particularly the wires. Do you know how old it is & any idea what the output is?

Jon.

[quote name='Bassassin' post='920638' date='Aug 10 2010, 01:44 PM']Hi - been looking for a neck pos Model J for a bit - wouldn't mind seeing some pics, particularly the wires. Do you know how old it is & any idea what the output is?

Jon.[/quote]

i bought it off here about three weeks ago, i'll try to get some pics up tonight, I have soldered extensions on and they work fine. the dimarzios have 4 wires (which you probably know) the green and red hot and ground (which have the extensions) and the black and white are to do with wiring series and parrallel, the black and white are short and already soldered together to bypass any of that business, again if you wanted too you could solder your own extensions on. i have no idea of the age of them as i got them second hand, but they definitely show signs of use!!

I only really asked about the age because I have an ancient bridge one already (salvaged from an old Rick copy!) and want a matching pair to put in my Jazz. Makes no real difference as I think the modern ones are still the same spec as the oldies.

Soldering new wires is no problem for me as long as there's something to solder to, don't know yet whether I'll be messing around with alternative ways of wiring them though!

Just out of curiosity, what colour cover does it have?

J.

[quote name='Bassassin' post='920697' date='Aug 10 2010, 02:46 PM']I only really asked about the age because I have an ancient bridge one already (salvaged from an old Rick copy!) and want a matching pair to put in my Jazz. Makes no real difference as I think the modern ones are still the same spec as the oldies.

Soldering new wires is no problem for me as long as there's something to solder to, don't know yet whether I'll be messing around with alternative ways of wiring them though!

Just out of curiosity, what colour cover does it have?

J.[/quote]
Sorry can't help you there!! It does look pretty old to be honest. i wouldn't have thought more than ten years (complete guess). It has black covers. Hope that helps.