Why become a member? ×

Hybrid Vintage Fender P/J - the sonic Blue one! SOLD!!!

wesfinn

Hi all

Up for sale is the faded/aged Sonic Blue Vintage P/J I have just restored. This bass sounds seriously good!

The body is featured in the build thread section of the site and went from being a bit of a sorry affair when i got it.

The repaired section is slightly visible when held in the light but only close up, this is due to me wanting to keep the Nitro finish as thin as possible. I couldn't capture it on camera.

Restored 1961 P bass body with original 1962 neck plate
Original finish 1969 block and bound jazz bass neck and tuners (refretted in the 90's, replacement bone nut and one machine head screw replaced)
70's Dimarzio P pickup
Vintage repro wiring harness and paper oil caps
Ultra thin nitro aged sonic blue finish
Vintage style shielding plates and Goth hardware/plates etc

and heres some pix

THIS BASS HAS BEEN SOLD!

comes with Warwick hardcase

Edited by wesfinn

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='920655' date='Aug 10 2010, 01:58 PM']Has the Fender logo been replaced as the lettering looks really close to the edge of the headstock... could be an odd camera angle! :)[/quote]

Nope the logo is the original they just varied where they went as they were put on by hand.

heres a shot of the face of the headstock

EDIT: heres a link to antother 69 with the logo in the same place

[url="http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=http://www.andybaxterbass.com/images/guitars/1257514523-1969_Fender_Jazz_Bass_headstock.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.andybaxterbass.com/details.php%3Fid%3D39&usg=__-I1sRA1dacCrVu_7UVLgQP-Csq8=&h=376&w=609&sz=51&hl=en&start=14&um=1&itbs=1&tbnid=KdPUPyqtJS3zbM:&tbnh=84&tbnw=136&prev=/images%3Fq%3D1969%2Bfender%2Bjazz%2Bbass%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DX%26rlz%3D1I7SUNC_en%26tbs%3Disch:1"]http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=http...%26tbs%3Disch:1[/url]

Edited by wesfinn

[quote name='wesfinn' post='921311' date='Aug 11 2010, 09:37 AM']i had a while to think about how much the bass owes me last night and have decided to lower the price on to what i think is a great price for an awesome bass. So this beautiful bass is now going for £1450! inc hardcase[/quote]

Too cheap by several hundred quid if you ask me

C

[quote name='Beedster' post='921528' date='Aug 11 2010, 12:54 PM']Too cheap by several hundred quid if you ask me

C[/quote]

Some one can grab themselves a bargain :) I know vintage Fender stuff is out of most peoples reach right now and i would rather someone on here have the bass at an affordable price that it go to some overpriced vintage ebay parts dealer who will rip it apart to sell everything off seperately!

[quote name='wesfinn' post='921552' date='Aug 11 2010, 01:10 PM']Some one can grab themselves a bargain :) I know vintage Fender stuff is out of most peoples reach right now and i would rather someone on here have the bass at an affordable price that it go to some overpriced vintage ebay parts dealer who will rip it apart to sell everything off seperately![/quote]

Then I sincerely wish I had £1450 to spare! If you fancy a PX for a LPB '64 let me know :rolleyes:

C

EDIT

With apologies to Wes for the hijack, the comment above was a little tongue in cheek, and was meant as an indication of just how good I think Wes' bass is. My '64 is staying put, or at least it's staying put unless someone has a beaten-up '64 and fancies a PX with cash my way!

Edited by Beedster

[quote name='wesfinn' post='922155' date='Aug 11 2010, 11:24 PM']your hijack has been approved Chris! :)

had a few people interested so if you are liking this I don't think it will hang around long![/quote]

I SO want that bass, and I've been (bass) gas-free all year!

C

[quote name='wesfinn' post='922517' date='Aug 12 2010, 11:31 AM']Bass now sold!! Thanks for all of the lovely comments people! :)[/quote]

And soon to be winging its way to Porkpie towers, lovely! :rolleyes:
Mrs P very kindly thought this would be a nice birthday pressie, though I'm going to have to wait till early Jan before I get me mitts on it, DOH!
I think I'll be allowed to try it when it arrives though, and it's a great incentive to get out booking the gigs for next year. She's a diamond, my missus!

Cheers Wes.

[quote name='Porkpie' post='923257' date='Aug 12 2010, 09:46 PM']And soon to be winging its way to Porkpie towers, lovely! :)
Mrs P very kindly thought this would be a nice birthday pressie, though I'm going to have to wait till early Jan before I get me mitts on it, DOH!
I think I'll be allowed to try it when it arrives though, and it's a great incentive to get out booking the gigs for next year. She's a diamond, my missus!

Cheers Wes.[/quote]

Nice one mate, you've broken a few hearts :rolleyes: