Why become a member? ×

What a difference a service makes

Stag

Took my SVT5 in for a service - its now a different beasty to when it came out. Been fully cleaned out, connections tested, new preamp valve put in (the old one had gone a bit microphonic) and it just sounds lovely now. Clean as a whistle.

If you are thinkin : "Hmmm, my amp doesnt sound as good as it did a while ago...." perhaps its time to get a reputable chap in the know to look at it.

[quote name='Stag' post='922109' date='Aug 11 2010, 10:50 PM']Took my SVT5 in for a service - its now a different beasty to when it came out. Been fully cleaned out, connections tested, new preamp valve put in (the old one had gone a bit microphonic) and it just sounds lovely now. Clean as a whistle.

If you are thinkin : "Hmmm, my amp doesnt sound as good as it did a while ago...." perhaps its time to get a reputable chap in the know to look at it.[/quote]

Quite right. Its the finding of a reputable chap thats local is the problem. Do we have a list for different areas on here ?