Why become a member? ×

Sonic Blue!!

CHRISDABASS

Just a quick update!

Ive been chatting with Roger Sadowsky about the matching headstock thing as i'll need a Decal for Dave to use, Roger is more than happy for me to go ahead and has even offered me the choice of decal colour, black, silver or gold.......think im gonna go for silver

If i can pay on my credit card im gonna crack on and get the respray done if not i'll probably sell something im not using to fund it

i cant wait!! :) :rolleyes: :lol:

Woo! Down with sunburst!

[quote name='CHRISDABASS' post='925561' date='Aug 15 2010, 01:35 PM']Just a quick update!

Ive been chatting with Roger Sadowsky about the matching headstock thing as i'll need a Decal for Dave to use, Roger is more than happy for me to go ahead and has even offered me the choice of decal colour, black, silver or gold.......think im gonna go for silver

If i can pay on my credit card im gonna crack on and get the respray done if not i'll probably sell something im not using to fund it

i cant wait!! :) :rolleyes: :lol:[/quote]

[quote name='CHRISDABASS' post='925561' date='Aug 15 2010, 01:35 PM']Ive been chatting with Roger Sadowsky about the matching headstock thing as i'll need a Decal for Dave to use, Roger is more than happy for me to go ahead and has even offered me the choice of decal colour, black, silver or gold.......think im gonna go for silver[/quote]

I'm really looking forward to seeing this - please keep us updated!

[quote name='bh2' post='924135' date='Aug 13 2010, 04:56 PM']I love sonic blue... lookie here...

Not mine I'm afraid.[/quote]

What's the story with that pic, its amazing, i'm almost lusting after an object and getting worried about it!

[quote name='lojo' post='930227' date='Aug 19 2010, 07:59 PM']What's the story with that pic, its amazing, i'm almost lusting after an object and getting worried about it![/quote]

I think this bass is/was for sale at Rumbleseat Music in the US - around $4250 IIRC. It's a used Masterbuilt with a few little marks. Just gorgeous.

[quote name='Stewart' post='931399' date='Aug 20 2010, 09:30 PM']My latest build/acquisition is Sonic Blue - here's a pic :

[attachment=57109:P8200012.JPG][/quote]

That's super... I reckon it needs a white guard. A beauty tho but.

[quote]That's super... I reckon it needs a white guard. A beauty tho but[/quote]

Glad you like it :blush:

The body, pickguard and neck are all Warmoth, hardware is Hipshot, and the pickup is DiMarzio.
It's quite 'substantial' feeling (particularly the neck).

Absolutely amazing frets though - it has lower action *and* less relief than I can get on any of my others.

Initially had a tort pickguard, but it was a bit too 'glam' so I went for the matt black.

Parchment / off-white might be a good look too - I might have to order one... :)