Why become a member? ×

My New band, please tell me what you think? Am i not doing enough!

AttitudeCastle

Hey Guys

Please check out my new band, the video is from about an hour after we met up, after out a few things we each had together,

and is in an Attic so i don't have my full rig as its about 20 miles from my house =S

Please tell me what you think of what i'm playing, am i under playing? As it felt like it a bit at times, if so how can i improve this? As we may re-do the track soon, and please suggest band titles :) haha

Keep in mind i had played in two days and was very nervous, haha (i'll make these excuses all day like the not exactly as planned slide at after the intro X_X )

Thanks in Advance!

A.C

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTV7bvI3oc4&feature=related"]NEW BAND VIDEO ON MY YOUTUBE ACCOUNT :rolleyes:[/url]

Capitals make you clever...

Ph btw the guitar solo was improvised, i've been
told i HAVE to tell you all that! ha, next track may have a better/busier bass line and a bass solo MAYBE

And will be putting the Attitude to real good use,

and we're not sure about a singer yet

BTW i know these guys, the drummer is a good friend and plays guitar in a swing band we're in (i play trombone :) and The guitarist plays french horn in the same orchestra as me, plus we're school pals :rolleyes:

Edited by AttitudeCastle

You might want to work on a few runs here and there but I wouldn't start out by trying to play more.

When you get around to playing live you will find that the energy of the gig will add a little to your playing. If you start too complicated you run the risk of totally over-playing in the live situation.

Your playing style reminds me of mine. I'm normally so laid back I could do with a mattress. Quite often, though, I embellish lines during a gig, mostly to tick off the guitarist. :)

[quote name='Tengu' post='925997' date='Aug 15 2010, 11:35 PM']You might want to work on a few runs here and there but I wouldn't start out by trying to play more.

When you get around to playing live you will find that the energy of the gig will add a little to your playing. If you start too complicated you run the risk of totally over-playing in the live situation.

Your playing style reminds me of mine. I'm normally so laid back I could do with a mattress. Quite often, though, I embellish lines during a gig, mostly to tick off the guitarist. :lol:[/quote]

Thanks for the advicev :)

we've been asked to gig already and we don't have a name! Its for a friend though,

People have said its odd that a Prog metal bassist/Hard rock player such as myself plays so laid back, but its just what feels natural :rolleyes: Maybe we should try playing while lying on mattress :lol:

haha

thanks again!