Why become a member? ×

Feeler Rickenbacker 4003 Mapleglo

Cat Burrito

I'm kind of going through my anti-GAS phase at the moment and this was only bought at the start of the year, courtesy of a life insurance payout. It's great BUT I've learnt I'm really just a Fender player. It was built in January 2009 and purchased brand new for £1699 in January 2010. I gigged it once, recorded with it once (sorry the album isn't mixed yet or I'd post an MP3 sample). So it would be coming with the Rickenbacker hard case and the case candy. Currently strung with heavy La Bella flats (ala Jamerson) which gives it a slightly less conventional Ricky tone but easily rectified if not to your tastes. No knocks or dinks and the case comes with only surface scratches.

It's surprisingly light, the neck plays great and the tones on offer are fantastic. From my point of view I'm really learning that I'm just a Fender player though.

Ideally I'd like to trade for a 70s Fender. I own a great 78 P-bass so a Jazz would be good but a decent P-bass could be on the cards. I don't want fretless and I'd rather avoid sunburst. A tele type bass would be very cool and I prefer lighter colours BUT what you got? Despite the fees I'm not afraid of EBay so I expect as this is a long shot this'll wind up on EBay. As it's so new and in top condition (& Basschat want a price) I'd be wanting [b]£1400[/b] but ideally I'm after a trade and not looking to spend more money! Oh & [b]UK only[/b] as I have to consider postage.

There's a link to my feedback in all my posts and believe I am easy to deal with. I have 100% feedback on EBay across over 1000 transactions. All that said our tastes may not be the same but I am open to suggestions. If you don't know me from my threads, my tastes are strictly retro. Don't mind refins or non original parts as it can make an older bass more realistically priced but ideally as original as possible!

Edited by BurritoBass