Why become a member? ×

Galtres Festival, nr Easingwold

lanark

First festival, don't know what to expect.

First act on the Arts Barge stage: Mambo con Rumbo. If you're there, take a look.

We're also closing the One World stage at York's Peace Festival on Sept 5th.

linky thing: [url="http://www.galtresfestival.org.uk/"]http://www.galtresfestival.org.uk/[/url]

Edited by lanark

[quote name='thisnameistaken' post='931761' date='Aug 21 2010, 11:24 AM']We're on at Galtres too, really looking forward to it. We were supposed to be doing some collaborative stuff with the Arts Barge guys but not sure if it's going to happen now, it's been left a bit late.

Hopefully be there in time for your set on Saturday. :)[/quote]

Yeah, we were asked if we could supply between-act music for their cabaret set. As we're on at 12.30 though and the cabaret only starts after 7pm we couldn't guarantee everyone would be there and they were very fuzzy as to what they wanted (and me and the pianist weren't confident enough to just busk) we said no. However, our saxophonist and our timable player / percussionist are going to be helping out later on, so you'll get to meet them (Dom on Sax, Steve on banging stuff).

Now I'm waiting to find out if we get wristbands / and or a separate entrance so I know how early to set off.

Also as this is my first festival, should I bring my own backline monitor? If acts are only playing for 30 minutes, it would seem mental to be constantly putting stuff on and off, but I want to be able to hear myself. Maybe I'll take it and leave it in the car if needed (same with the Peace festival on Rowntree Fields on Sept 5th).