Why become a member? ×

Fender jazz for sale

musicman1

fender jazz 75 ressiue made in japan [not crafter in japan] so much better than an a American fender this is built very well. in natural colour with a black scratch plate and fender bag. has got DR pink strings a bit old but looks cool comes with fender strap 3 bolt neck. recording can be heard on starting line track on myspace.com/wildstarband.
and some pic on my own myspace.com/robthestingrayman.

2 or 3 very small dents on the bottom made in 1999 but serial numer on headstock is a 85?
little bit of lacqure coming off on the 2 and 5 frett on the edge as i have played this bass alot
reasone for selling is i would like a musicman stingray5 in white with matching headstock and white scratchplate so if you have one i will be intrested
£550 ovno
call 07742204182
email
[email protected]

[quote name='musicman1' post='104796' date='Dec 15 2007, 10:55 PM']fender jazz 75 ressiue made in japan [not crafter in japan] so much better than an a American fender this is built very well. in natural colour with a black[/quote]

So why's this better than a MIA then?

[quote name='BB2000' post='105118' date='Dec 16 2007, 11:26 PM']So why's this better than a MIA then?[/quote]

Er... Quality control on the Japanese Fenders is second to none. Neck is likely to be thinner as well. All in all, the Japanese ones are actually finished properly, unlike the ones made by lazy Americans!

Yes, I'm just being a bit naughty and tweaking his tail. I think it's probably a bit overpriced unless it's somehow preferable to a new CIJ (considering they're about £510 delivered to your door) hence my question. Of course one advantage of buying this one is that the potential buyer has the chance to play this one before parting with the folding - but if the quality is *so* good then there's little risk of buying direct, is there?

There is NO difference between MIJ and CIJ.

[quote]fender jazz 75 ressiue made in japan [not crafter in japan] so much better than an a American fender[/quote]

...and I'm not really sure untrue generalisations like this are fair to use in a for sale ad.

Edited by wateroftyne

[quote name='wateroftyne' post='105165' date='Dec 17 2007, 07:43 AM']There is NO difference between MIJ and CIJ.[/quote]

Well, one has 'Made' in place of a 'Crafted', and erm... that's it.

They're all CIJ now - have been for years. I've noticed this 'MIJ is better than 'CIJ' nonsense on ebay as well, more often than not by sellers trying to sell bottom of the range battered basswood bodied instruments for twice the new price.

Sorry to hijack but it always bumps it up. I have a MIA 62 Reissue Precision. It was bought after comparing with the Japanese equivalent. The MIA in my humble opinion was a better bass in all ways. It was also more accurate in terms of hardware.

HOWEVER, the Japanese bass is excellent so somebody make an offer!

I think the USA 75 reissues are pretty close to the original 75's, more so than the generic Japanese jazzes anyway. Time was when you could pick these up for about £300, they still go on ebay for that. I'm not trying to ruin a sale tho, just chucking in my 2p...

I would say that I've always found the japanese instruments preferable to the US standards series, but this is me. Plenty of my friends love the US ones, so I guess it strokes, folks and differences all rolled into one saying.