Why become a member? ×

SOLD (subject to payment etc.) Trace Elliot GP12 SMX 250 watt head

lozbass

Hi all,

I'm moving my TE GP12 SMX amp head - I bought this here on BC last year for £280 (so the current asking price is firm - indeed, it's a bit of a bargain). The amp is in exemplary condition - the previous owner advertised it as such and I wasn't disappointed when it arrived. I think the head is around 16 or 17 years old and is British built. It's in the TE amp sleeve (green rat fur in excellent shape) with a heavy duty, sprung. TE branded flight case handle. The only sign of age on the unit is a little tarnishing on the fan grille at the back (this is extremely minor!)

Tone is pure and classic Trace - the amp is super-powerful and loud. I'd hang on to it but I simply have far too much gear and need to rationalise.

Price is £245 to include post (to UK) and packing. Alternatively, the amp can be collected in central Manchester (£230 cash on collection).

Edited by lozbass

[quote name='lozbass' post='932509' date='Aug 22 2010, 09:41 AM']Hi all,

I'm moving my TE GP12 SMX amp head - I bought this here on BC last year for £280 (so the current asking price is firm - indeed, it's a bit of a bargain). The amp is in exemplary condition - the previous owner advertised it as such and I wasn't disappointed when it arrived. I think the head is around 16 or 17 years old and is British built. It's in the TE amp sleeve (green rat fur in excellent shape) with a heavy duty, sprung. TE branded flight case handle. The only sign of age on the unit is a little tarnishing on the fan grille at the back (this is extremely minor!)

Tone is pure and classic Trace - the amp is super-powerful and loud. I'd hang on to it but I simply have far too much gear and need to rationalise.

I'll try to post some images later.

Price is £245 to include post (to UK) and packing. Alternatively, the amp can be collected in central Manchester (£230 cash on collection).[/quote]

Good price for a great amp. I've got the same one and it's got more than enough headroom for anything I do. Great range of sounds too with the 12 band EQ.

Any idea how much this weighs? I had the 300w version and the only reason I moved it on and replaced it with my RH450 was because of the weight, but I think I can remember reading somewhere that there was a pretty significant weight difference between the different power versions. I seem to recal that the '300w' version was also labelled up as 280w on the rear, come to think of it...

Cheers,

Mark

[quote name='Bass Culture' post='934522' date='Aug 24 2010, 10:17 AM']Any idea how much this weighs?[/quote]
Thanks for asking Mark (I should have included this information in my initial post) - the amp weighs 31.5lbs. It's not a lightweight but it's not ridiculous. It's actually pretty easy to handle - the sleeve has a very strong sprung (steel) flightcase handle on one end in order that the amp can be carried like a slim briefcase. It has heavy rubber feet on the bottom and smaller rubber feet on the end/side opposite the handle. It can stored easily either flat or upright.